VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

-POSTING RULES
-Advertise in here!
- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

  #1  
Old 09-15-2021, 09:10 AM
Mdragon Mdragon is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Jacksonville Florida
Posts: 43
Default Dynon Wifi, will an offbrand USB wifi work?

Just somehow lost my Dynon Wifi USB stick, was wondering if anyone here has tried a generic one and had it work. Debating ordering one off amazon.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-15-2021, 09:14 AM
N402RH's Avatar
N402RH N402RH is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 727
Default

Probably not, we have them in stock for $35


Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems / Dynon
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-15-2021, 09:22 AM
liuk liuk is online now
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Los Alamos, NM
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdragon View Post
Just somehow lost my Dynon Wifi USB stick, was wondering if anyone here has tried a generic one and had it work. Debating ordering one off amazon.
I never tried it, but I have seen discussion on this forum saying this model will work https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08F2ZNC6J...v_ov_lig_dp_it.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-15-2021, 09:53 AM
Mdragon Mdragon is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Jacksonville Florida
Posts: 43
Default

Have one coming tomorrow, will update if it works. Sure my other one will turn up somewhere.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-15-2021, 03:05 PM
climberrn's Avatar
climberrn climberrn is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Carson City, NV
Posts: 635
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdragon View Post
Have one coming tomorrow, will update if it works. Sure my other one will turn up somewhere.
Best way to find something is to order a replacement.
__________________
Joel

N626JA
RV-7A at CXP
Flying!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-15-2021, 03:15 PM
Joe Joe is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Independence, OR
Posts: 421
Default Edimax EW-7811Un

Quote:
Originally Posted by liuk View Post
... discussion on this forum saying this model will work https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08F2ZNC6J...v_ov_lig_dp_it.
Yeah, that's what I've been using for a few years: Edimax EW-7811Un. The one from Amazon says "V2"; mine doesn't.
__________________

Joe Dubner
RV-8A
Independence, OR
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-16-2021, 09:01 AM
Pdtofly Pdtofly is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 524
Default EDIMAX Wifi Adapters

Both the EDIMAX 150 MB and 300 MB adapters will work. I have tested both in my system and they work fine. The 300 MB is Edimax Ew-7722Utn Ieee 802.11N - Wi-Fi Adapter

Brian
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-21-2021, 09:49 PM
GeoffH GeoffH is offline
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Cochrane, Alberta / Otterville, Ontario
Posts: 44
Default

Did the EW-7811Un V2 work for you? I have a pair of these and the Dynon D1000 does not recognize them.

I've done some google searching and found the following. The Dynon Wi-fi adaptor has the FCC ID NDD9578221026
The Edimax EW-7722UTn v2 has the same FCC ID, http://en.techinfodepot.shoutwiki.co..._EW-7722UTn_v2

It does look very similar to the Dynon Adaptor https://www.edimax.com/edimax/mercha...ew-7722utn_v2/

Looks like Amazon has them here
https://www.amazon.com/Edimax-Ew-772...286840&sr=8-18

Last edited by GeoffH : 09-21-2021 at 11:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-25-2021, 09:43 AM
Pdtofly Pdtofly is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 524
Default EW-7222UTN-IEEE-802-11N V2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffH View Post
Did the EW-7811Un V2 work for you? I have a pair of these and the Dynon D1000 does not recognize them.

I've done some google searching and found the following. The Dynon Wi-fi adaptor has the FCC ID NDD9578221026
The Edimax EW-7722UTn v2 has the same FCC ID, http://en.techinfodepot.shoutwiki.co..._EW-7722UTn_v2

It does look very similar to the Dynon Adaptor https://www.edimax.com/edimax/mercha...ew-7722utn_v2/

Looks like Amazon has them here
https://www.amazon.com/Edimax-Ew-772...286840&sr=8-18

I use the EW-7222UTN-IEEE-802-11N V2 on both my D1000’s Touches and they work just fine. I also gave a few to friends using the HDX, and they have no problems also.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:53 PM.


The VAFForums come to you courtesy Delta Romeo, LLC. By viewing and participating in them you agree to build your plane using standardized methods and practices and to fly it safely and in accordance with the laws governing the country you are located in.