- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 06-28-2021, 06:05 AM

Default Targa strip alternatives

My fiberglass targa departed shortly after climbing out of the Cincinnati area on the flight to Florida after I purchased her. If you live near Harrison and found one in your back yard this spring, let me know, I may know where it came from.

Good news was it missed everything aft when it departed. I do have a whistle in that area at certain cruise air speeds, so I am exploring my options.

I could build a new fiberglass one or make on out of metal, plenty of posts about that. I have been looking to see if there are other material options, abs for example, as well as some kind of gasket that I could use to fill the gap in lieu of a targa strip. The area under the targa is not as finished as the rest of the aircraft, but I could easily cover it with a simple vinyl strip to match the paint.

Did anyone go an alternative way on the targa? If you didnít go with a targa, how are you dealing with the gap and any associated noise?
Old 06-29-2021, 10:16 PM

@bjdecker thanks for taking the time for sharing details on your metal targa strip and answering all my questions.