What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aerobatic Lessons near Hicks

LordofWar

I'm interested in Aerobatic instruction. I have contacted Four Winds Aviation multiple times but they seem to be very busy. Are there any other instructors in the area? I have a RV-6 so I believe aerobatic instruction in my plane might not be ideal given the aerobatic weight limit.

Instruction

I don't know where Four Winds is. I have heard there is a Decathalon and Extra available at Aero Country on the northwest side of McKinney. I don't know if it is a full time operation. Go over to Aero Country on a weekend and ask around.

Jim, Thank you. I believe those are the Four Winds Aviation folks at T31.

It's a beautiful day out and I want to be able to go have fun. I have scheduled a lesson with four winds for Sunday Dec 27th and the weather doesn't look pretty. I have been waiting for the last couple of months to get some aerobatics instruction.

I spoke to Stearman Adventures and he said he is not doing it anymore but he sure has been getting a lot of calls from people who are interested.

I would also be happy if someone is willing to take me up to show off some aerobatic moves so that I can get a feel for it(I understand I need professional Instruction). I would be happy to buy lunch or split the fuel.

Marc Air

Several years ago MarcAir at NW regional did some training in a Citabria or Super Decathlon. Not sure if they still do it or not?

HERE is the IAC directory of aerobatic schools in Texas.

You may also contact IAC Chapter 24 in Dallas. Most chapters host practice days and there is sure to be pilots that will help you get started. Only 10% of IAC members actually compete. Most of the others just want to learn to safely do aerobatics for their own enjoyment.

Four Winds is busy but they have some good aircraft and instructors. They've got 2 super decathlons a 2 place Pitts, Extra 300 and a Legend cub.

Back