What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FlightCom 403 help

LarryT

Well Known Member
The performance of this intercom continues to deteriorate.

It was unusable in the ICS position on my recent trip because of background static. Could only be used in the isolate position, which greatly diminished my daughter's enjoyment of the trip since we couldn't carry on a conversation. Even in the isolate position the amount of noise in my headset is increasing.

Is there an inexpensive way to determine whether the cause is external or internal to the intercom? DC gaussmeters are tremendously expensive.

The only external change I made was to move the co-pilot PTT switch from the stick to the instrument panel (so I could make the co-pilot stick removable). I didn't realize it was becoming so bad because I rarely have passengers.

Larry Tompkins
N544WB -6A
W52 Battle Ground, WA

I WAS having a similar problem - -

I took it apart and "washed" it with an electrical spray. I firmly believe my problem was from corrosion inside the controls themselves. I turned them back and forth several times before putting back together. I put it back together wet, and it has been excellent since then.

Last edited:
Wind blowing onto the microphone can make lots of noise. Try closing the air vents to see if that is causing the noise.

Back