What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

HBC Corn Roast

scrollF4

Moderator, Asst. Line Boy
Ambassador
Hey has anyone heard news about a corn roast this year at HBC? I hope it's happening.

the corn roast is a nice touch. seems I get plenty of corn at Oshkosh. my staple every night at the beer tent is: rib eye steak, cole slaw, baked beans, bread and roasted corn. sometimes I get white bread, sometimes corn bread. note: I always take a shower before I go there because the bar maids are nice. good to be in HBC because it's so close.

Last edited:
I guess I'll learn a good bit this year... this will be my first time in HBC... always been down in vintage. I really like corn! lol

Last edited:
Our voices have been heard!

Jay Pratt just passed the good news: The Corn Roast is ON!
Wednesday, 1700 at HBC pavilion, y'all.

WooHoo!!
It is always on the calendar.

I imagine a future "hot shucking" contest. Fully roasted from the trash can. How fast can you shuck it and get it in the hands of the next person in line. Rapid fire style!

Don't forget to save some time and corn waddle to the Gallagher crew the same day just across the fence. You never know what kind of M&Ms Jenny will have to go along with your corn :) But get back to your stable spot for the night airshow. It might be chilly as the sun goes down (welcomed for most), but it will definitely have been a good day in HBC.

I remember a time when we were so impressed and grateful for the little two pole tent by the creek full of mosquitoes. Danny and Martha Jane holding court in the back corner, everybody doing a happy dance to be present and accounted for. "We've" come a long way. BIG fist bump to CB.

OSHKOSH!

WooHoo!!
It is always on the calendar.

I imagine a future "hot shucking" contest. Fully roasted from the trash can. How fast can you shuck it and get it in the hands of the next person in line. Rapid fire style!

Don't forget to save some time and corn waddle to the Gallagher crew the same day just across the fence. You never know what kind of M&Ms Jenny will have to go along with your corn :) But get back to your stable spot for the night airshow. It might be chilly as the sun goes down (welcomed for most), but it will definitely have been a good day in HBC.

I remember a time when we were so impressed and grateful for the little two pole tent by the creek full of mosquitoes. Danny and Martha Jane holding court in the back corner, everybody doing a happy dance to be present and accounted for. "We've" come a long way. BIG fist bump to CB.

OSHKOSH!

Yep, don’t forget to get over to the Wednesday night airshow. Kenny Rieder (Redline 1) will be flying a pyro-filled routine in his RV8 in formation with 100(!) lit up UAV’s. This is the first time in history for a show of this type (sponsored by Hartzell). I’ve seen the preview of the demonstration, and it’s pretty amazing. I’m going to pig out on corn, and then go squat along the flightline to take it all in. I can’t wait!

Relatively new to Oshkosh, so want to be considerate and respectful. 1st time at OSH was '19 and we camped in HBC. This year, due to health concerns for my wife, we are not camping, but are staying in the dorms. That said, I'm hoping to spend some time with the HBC camping folks as it was great fun and camaraderie when we were there in '19. As someone who is technically not camping in HBC, what is the proper etiquette for participating in any of the HBC activities? Is that allowed at all? Can we provide a monetary or other contribution to offset our participation? We just don't want to make any assumptions.

Back