What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AN Quick Disconnect fittings

Paul Thomas

Well Known Member
I was looking at the aviation section of craigslist and found some for AN-12 quick disconnect for sale and I'm curious as to their use. I didn't even know that they made them. The only practical use I could think of is for removable/folding wings.

Are they used for fuel or hydraulics? Has anyone seen them on an airplane?

Often in hydraulic systems they can be used to connect a mule to perform mx and testing of systems if the normal hyd pump is engine driven. Some aircraft require a mule or some other pressure source to even service the hyd reservoirs.

These are used extensively in the auto racing area. IMO their development of these fittings passed the aircraft industry years ago because of their multiple applications. One of the major quality suppliers is XRP, not cheap but super reliable.

https://www.xrp.com/

Last edited:
Might not be the same things, but I got Jiffy-Tite leakproof AN quick-disconnect fittings for my smoke system (so I could pump smoke oil in easily and cleanly without having to remove the tank or worry about leaks/mess). Also put then on the smoke oil line from the tank forward so I could remove the tank without a mess if necessary.

Work great, absolutely leak-free. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for...

The Jiffy Tite and Staubli connectors are great. And less expensive than the ones from Stratoflex. Doubt that you are going to use a -12 hose on your RV--other than the breather hose. But yes---you can find them in larger sizes, along with the LARGER price tag!
Tom

Back