What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

F1 Rocket & EVO Wing

RT Rubleton

I'm New Here
F1 EVO wing

I am interested in building an EVO wing. Does teamrocket still make them and can I purchase just a wing kit.

If not, does anyone have a used wing or a wing kit I can (re)build, or plans which I can scratch build from?

Thanks
RT

You could do a search here, come up with Mark Fredrick aka F1Boss as he owns Team Rocket Aircraft in Taylor TX and contact Mark on a set of wings and or status.

Kenny Gene

Team Rocket never "made" the wings, they were put together by HPAI overseas. Mark owns the rights to the design and I don't believe there are any unused or parts-only wings available. I do know of a set of crashed wings that might be available but I'm not sure they are rebuildable.

I have a rebuildable crashed right wing that is not broken into the main laminated spar or fuel tank. But the outer 1/3 of the wing is seriously tweaked. It is located in Terre Haute, Indiana.

There is a rebuilbable crashed left EVO wing that looks about the same, a little more damaged than mine. I believe the left EVO wing is still at Mark Fredericks in Taylor Texas. It belongs to a Canadian fellow who would love to sell it to you.

HPA owns the rights to the EVO wing, according to them. They designed it to work on their elusive M2. Repair parts are still available from the Czechs, and they will sell you a completed wing. Last quote I got for a "wing" (L & R wings, and complete control surfaces comprise 1 wing in their vernacular) was $26000, plus shipping. That was last fall.

IMGP0329.JPG

Last edited:
Not anymore, it...........

There is a rebuilbable crashed left EVO wing that looks about the same, a little more damaged than mine. I believe the left EVO wing is still at Mark Fredericks in Taylor Texas. It belongs to a Canadian fellow who would love to sell it to you.
............now belongs to Mark Frederick.

Mark Frederick (F1BOSS here on the forums) does, but he's the only one. The best the rest of us can do is speculate.
I'm sure Mark will chime in with the official word, but the last I heard, he was looking for enough people to put down deposits to re-start production.

Regards,

I heard it had something to do with the US-Euro exchange rate. Of course, that picture has changed drastically in the other direction now...

And one always must factor in the real BIG reason: soft market demand for the product/price

EVO wing available

Hello, we are the owner and producer of EVO wing. This wing is still available from us. Our web site www.hpai.cz . If you are still interested do not hesitate to contact me. Michaela :)

I am interested in building an EVO wing. Does teamrocket still make them and can I purchase just a wing kit.

If not, does anyone have a used wing or a wing kit I can (re)build, or plans which I can scratch build from?

Thanks
RT

Correct!

Mark Frederick (F1BOSS here on the forums) does, but he's the only one. The best the rest of us can do is speculate.
I'm sure Mark will chime in with the official word, but the last I heard, he was looking for enough people to put down deposits to re-start production.

Regards,

Moose has it correct. Bill Wightman also has it correct re: soft market.

The current best method would be to go thru 2 suppliers (wings from the Czechs; the rest from me). This assumes you want the metal version of the Evo wing. I have not kept my 'Evo 2' carbon wing (with retract option) a secret, and if this version is what you want, keep reading.

I do not want to go back into production on speculation -- the current economic atmosphere would not support such an endeavor (niche market). So, if enough folks step up and agree with my plan to produce a run of kits (25-30 full kits, plus spares), it can happen.

Please email me off-list with any questions or comments:

F1boss (at) gmail (dot) com

Carry on!
Mark

Is there any new word on the Rocket kits? I see most of this discussion was from about 3 years ago. Any new information?

Hey F1 Boss aka Mark!!!

I am in the process of completing a barnomenium in Lubbock, Texas. My shop is really nice and would be perfect for getting back into the game. I intend on using the shop for something in the aviation market. ( pitts wings fabrication ) etc. I currently own an F-1 Rocket. N106BH. Also, my father has two 10,000 square foot hangars at the local airport. Let me know if you'd like to talk about it all. My name is Dain and my number is 806-535-8560.

P.S. I would like to see this airplane continue to serve its customers/owners...

Blue Skies and Tailwinds!!!

Start production again!!

My 8 has been flying 6 months now.
I'll put my name down for an Evo if they start production again.
Always higher and faster!!!

David.

Mark,
Glad to see that your still working on it. Please call me at 417-766-3502 at your convenience.
Thanks.

I might. I'm retired now. What else am I going to do? I can't chase the wife around, I did and already caught her.:p

Just checking!!

The Team Rocket website is truly uninformative.
Is there any chance these kits will ever again become available to build?
The 8 is now gone and I'm ready!!

PM sent

The Team Rocket website is truly uninformative.
Is there any chance these kits will ever again become available to build?
The 8 is now gone and I'm ready!!

Hey Dave:

Check your email - there is a way to proceed, tho not with the Evo wing....yet...

Carry on!
Mark

Back