What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Surefly with ACS harness

dothetime

Well Known Member
Anyone using the Surefly electronic ignition with a ACS spark plug harness?
I’m thinking of buying a Surefly and want to use my existing ACS harness.
I heard of a bad experience one pilot had with that combination and had to get a Slick harness to make it work properly.
Thanks
Dave

G3i conversion

I recently replaced my Slick harness and aviation plugs with the G3i conversion and NGK BR8EIX plugs on my left side SureFire ignition. PMag on the right side with the same plugs. Plugs gap set between .032 & .035. Runs great. 150HP O320.

Surefly / ACS harness

I am using this combination. When I installed the SureFly on my O-360, the existing harness was pretty ratty, and the price of a new Slick harness about gave me chest pain. So I bought a pair of ACS harnesses and installed at the same time as the magneto.

Only 2 downsides--the leads are very slightly shorter, so routing has to be carefully done. Also, the nuts which attach to the spark plugs are not labeled, so keep the old harness handy for reference while installing the ACS harness.

200+ plus hours later no ignition issues, I would not hesitate to use these two products together.

Anyone using the Surefly electronic ignition with a ACS spark plug harness?
I’m thinking of buying a Surefly and want to use my existing ACS harness.
I heard of a bad experience one pilot had with that combination and had to get a Slick harness to make it work properly.
Thanks
Dave
Have over 60 hours on my SureFly with ACS harness….no issues, works great.

Back