What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Kitchen Sink RV10, CG? (BRS, A/C, Motopod)

Sqrfrk

Knowing that BRS takes over 80 pounds in the baggage compartment and they're seemingly compatible with an air conditioning system (with extra hours involved), is there any way to mitigate aft heaviness with some sort of forward ballast? Is a motopod out of the question in this case?

IO 720 should do the trick...

Now that there is funny!

You technically could do a motopod with air conditioning, but you'd have to relocate the inlet/outlet for the condenser to the side of the airplane tail cone, similar to what Piper and Cessna have done on their certified birds. I believe there is a guy who is doing that with his RV-10 on VAF, but I don't remember who.

Are they even offering the motopod for sale anymore? I haven’t talked to them for over a year and they were not making hard point kits then.

Now that there is funny!

You technically could do a motopod with air conditioning, but you'd have to relocate the inlet/outlet for the condenser to the side of the airplane tail cone, similar to what Piper and Cessna have done on their certified birds. I believe there is a guy who is doing that with his RV-10 on VAF, but I don't remember who.

I have the Flightline AC and modified it to intake and exhaust on the side of the tail cone. Check out my build log for details. Not flying yet so results to be determined.

I?m adding a lot of extras, but I think all of the things you mentioned is too many extras!

Back