What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Del Rio Texas pilots

DonFromTX

Well Known Member
Does there happen to be any VAF people close to Del Rio Texas? If so, please PM me, need a favor.

I am always amazed at all the pilots that claim they are trying to log hours, who will not fly totally for free! I have a RV12/Skyview stranded in Dal Rio that needs to fly down to Weslaco TX. No takers so far, I guess I will have to go take the wings off and trailer it.

I am all about building hours right now and have been ferrying various planes around the US lately for that reason. I'd love to help you out Don, but I am a little far to make the trip down there.

I am always amazed at all the pilots that claim they are trying to log hours, who will not fly totally for free! I have a RV12/Skyview stranded in Dal Rio that needs to fly down to Weslaco TX. No takers so far, I guess I will have to go take the wings off and trailer it.

Hit up one of the guys/gals at one of the flying squadrons Laughlin. There are always a few who have just earned their wings and while finished with flight training they're just sitting around taking up space waiting for the next phase of training (survival school, IFF, the RTU, etc...) and there's the whole IP crowd on top of that. Maybe one of them could help you out; a -12 isn't a T-6, Toner or a -38 but it would be free flight time in a nice little airplane.

Just make sure that your selected pilot qualifies under your RV-12's insurance policy's Open Pilot clause or is a Named Pilot. That will cover you, if not him/her.

Back