What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Can you identify who made this LED light?

RyanFlyer

I'm New Here
Hello,

My girlfriend owns an RV9A. We're have trouble with the LED Nav Light causing interference in the radio. Trying to help her fix the problem, I accidentally reversed the polarity of the wires leading to the transformer and let the blue smoke out. :eek:

We need a new transformer but do not know the identity of the manufacturer.

Any guesses?

Thanks,

Ron Ryan
Kalamazoo, MI

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ive0an9509afpva/AACG697yeF6i3qwRqVInqRKOa?dl=0

Last edited:
Ron, I'm just building the Flyled works kit but don't use anything like that and they also say in their manuals the nav lights don't need the shielded wire only the strobe lights need the shielded wire to protect any radio interference. Good luck on finding that part.

I made my own Nav LED lights in 2011 for my plastic plane (Legacy), as I wanted to experiment, and the premade choices were limited then.

I used simple resistors vs a power supply that you appear to have as the couple cheap power supplies that I tested back then were noisy. My guess is you have (had) a noisy cheap power supply.

We ground and inflight tested my lights to insure proper coverage and better brightness and range.

Back