What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need To Hire RV-7 Canopy Craftsmen

Love2fly

I'm New Here
I bought an absolutely beautiful RV7 in August, I've been flying it a ton, and recently have a crack or two in the canopy that have been stop drilled, but I am not confident that it will hold long term. In the event I need to replace the canopy, I need to locate a highly skilled builder to make a new canopy. I am not a builder, but know there has to be some great ones available for hire that can handle this this project. My plane is in Chesapeake VA but I can fly it anywhere reasonable to have the work done.
Any recommendations are appreciated. Happy New Year to all out there on VAF!:)

I bought an absolutely beautiful RV7 in August, I've been flying it a ton, and recently have a crack or two in the canopy that have been stop drilled, but I am not confident that it will hold long term. In the event I need to replace the canopy, I need to locate a highly skilled builder to make a new canopy. I am not a builder, but know there has to be some great ones available for hire that can handle this this project. My plane is in Chesapeake VA but I can fly it anywhere reasonable to have the work done.

Matt,
If you have not done so already, find (and join) your local EAA club. They are bound to have a few people who can help you out.

http://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/eaa-chapters/find-an-eaa-chapter

Best of luck,

Tip up or slider?

It might help volunteers to know if it is a tip up or slider. Also, you might locate the builders center nearest you. Florida is nice this time of year. Even if you "do" it yourself a builders center will have lots of experience in this area. With cracks, the geometric quality of the original job may require some work after the plexi is off.

Posting pictures may help the process.

Back