What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Australian version of OSHKOSH

eddieseve

Well Known Member
For those of you in Australia that may not have heard, the second year of our very own version of OSHKOSH is taking place in only a few weeks, see link below, it may be on a smaller scale but we can dream....

For all the RV friends that I have made contact with via this forum, I am really looking forward to catching up with you over a few beers at the Narromine aeroclub, so please grab you wife, friend etc. and come along;

http://www.pprune.org/pacific-gener...usfly-2013-ynrm-12-15th-september-2013-a.html

Cheers

For all the details and these will be updated in the weeks to follow, visit www.ausfly.com.au

Ausfly2013_zps08818761.png

And for those wanting to talk engine management Andrew Denyer and myself will be there in the main exhibitor hall. :)

Ok, hands up who is going, count me in.
Im looking at leaving YCAB on the Friday morning and should arrive around lunch time. Return back to YCAB on the Monday.

Dave, do you have any times that the field will be closed or any other info ?

Hi Jamie,

I'll be there Friday about 9:30am, leaving Sunday sometime.

Looking forward to meeting a few of you guys.

Cheers

TRA (Restricted) in place from 1.30-3.30pm on Friday and Saturday.

So do not expect to arrive during these times.

Otherwise CTAF with a Unicom in place.

Last edited:
Post up pictures guys! I was invited to go to this fly in last year for EAA, but it conflicted with my Reno trip. Would love to see it one of these years! :cool::cool::cool:

Chad....did you get that email? I never saw a reply back.

We should have closer links with our bigger / older cousin in the USA.

News Flash

For you guys thinking of a Friday arrival, it starts THURSDAY. And remember that there is a TRA Friday approx 1.30-3.30pm.

RAAF Roulettes are on Friday.
482893_10151385763893261_864318021_n.jpg

Matt Hall of Red Bull Racing fame on Friday.
matt2.jpg

Wright Flyer Replica (the one that actualy flies) will fly again weather permitting. Has recently been test flown after not flying since the Buzz Aldrin visit in 2005.
05-wrightflyer.jpg

Lots to do and see.

And maybe....if the planets arrive an RV treat.

Last edited:
It was sent to somewhere up the food chain, and maybe at the time it was not deemed worthy of distribution? :(

In any case, if any of our friends are from over the pond, with a stronger $ now are travelling down here come out for day or two.

For those attending, make sure you book Saturdays dinner function tickets soon if you leave it too late you will miss out. Bookings will close about 5th of September.

Back