What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AN4-32A bolt in quickbuild

Jhamilton

I?ve been having a problem getting the bolt to fit into the bushing. Because the top skin is already riveted on, I cannot for the bolt into the bushing. There is not enough room to get the bolt lined up with the holes and the bushing.
0tGjIcDpsCD7BkxAq7JVfWfxQ

You're talking about the bushing in the aileron bell crank?. First, make sure there aren't any burrs on the ends of the bushing that create interference. Lightly use your deburring tool to remove them if there.

Secondly, I would ream the bushing out to 3/16" Those bushings aren't a perfect fit right out of the box. Once you have the bushing reamed out, the bolt ought to fit perfectly.

I think you need to take the angle brackets off that bolt to the spar. If it?s anything like the -7. Get the bell rank and bushing installed in the brackets. Then mount the brackets to the spar.

Bellcrank

I think you need to take the angle brackets off that bolt to the spar. If it?s anything like the -7. Get the bell rank and bushing installed in the brackets. Then mount the brackets to the spar.
Agreed. Same hardware and wing as the 7, I think. Get everthing to fit on the bench then install the assembly.

Back