What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 to sit in, in-progress project in Twin Cities, MN

wojonet

I'm New Here
Happy Friday everyone,

I've been lurking for a few months (well, maybe years) and I think I'm ready to either get started on an RV-10 or forget the whole thing and go the certified route.

I'm a private pilot in the Twin Cities area and I'm in a couple flying clubs. I'd love to have a plane of my own and the RV-10 fits the bill real well.

Two things are stopping me from ordering/getting started.

1. My wife thinks it's going to be a half done project and it'll never get done. I think otherwise, but I'd really like to wrench with someone on their RV project before i start up. In addition to helping me decide if this is right for me, I also have a billion technical questions (how much deburring is enough, etc. etc.). I've researched a lot on Google, but some one-to-one time with someone in the process would help.

2. I've never sat in a RV. I've never heard negative things about them, but even just sitting in the cockpit of a completed one would help me decide. If there's anyone in the Twin Cities willing to let me do that in their RV, I'd greatly appreciate that.

Thanks for reading, hope everyone's weekend is relaxing. Happy building for those of you in the process!

I just finished my plane recently. I'm traveling at the moment but will be home at the end of the month if you would like to sit in my plane (based out of KMIC).

-Chris

Happy Friday everyone,

I've been lurking for a few months (well, maybe years) and I think I'm ready to either get started on an RV-10 or forget the whole thing and go the certified route.

I'm a private pilot in the Twin Cities area and I'm in a couple flying clubs. I'd love to have a plane of my own and the RV-10 fits the bill real well.

Two things are stopping me from ordering/getting started.

1. My wife thinks it's going to be a half done project and it'll never get done. I think otherwise, but I'd really like to wrench with someone on their RV project before i start up. In addition to helping me decide if this is right for me, I also have a billion technical questions (how much deburring is enough, etc. etc.). I've researched a lot on Google, but some one-to-one time with someone in the process would help.

2. I've never sat in a RV. I've never heard negative things about them, but even just sitting in the cockpit of a completed one would help me decide. If there's anyone in the Twin Cities willing to let me do that in their RV, I'd greatly appreciate that.

Thanks for reading, hope everyone's weekend is relaxing. Happy building for those of you in the process!

Back