I really hate posting negative experiences but in thinking about this for a few days I decided that if I was considering buy a set of ER tanks I would want to know my experience.
I wrote a long blog post with a number of pictures for those that are interested in detailed information. http://www.strikhedonia.com/hotel-wh...er-fuel-tanks/
The bullet points:
1. I have talked to two other builders who had poor quality tanks - one was shipped a second set of replacement tanks
2. Troy (owner of Hotel Whiskey) admitted his welder that made the first set of tanks was not good and he rushed them out because they were so late shipping to me.
3. I had three welders and a welding instructor look at the first set of tanks and they uniformly said they were not acceptable. The instructor used them in her class to illustrate what not to do.
4. Troy sent me a second set of tanks that were evidently from a new welder. These tanks were marginally better. But the instructor and welders I know told me they were still unacceptable quality for commercial welding.
5. I intend to complete my phase 1 and then pay a local welder to build new tanks for me.