What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GNS 480 question

miyu1975

Well Known Member
Quick question for the 480 users. How do I delete an active flight plan on the 480. Say I want to wipe out the plan and start over. I can delete the previous flight plans but not the active.thx

Generally you need to activate some form of a new flight plan, there's not really a notion of deleting the active plan. Lots of quick ways to create that new plan- FPL->EDIT to edit your current plan, FPL->NEW to create a new one.

The "Direct" menu does gives you a way to effectively exit from the current flight plan using "Direct" -> <SelectWpt> -> "Direct". It basically creates a new temporary flight plan from your present position (PPOS) to the selected waypoint. Or get to the same place from the NRST menu. Either way your previous flight plan is still selected so it's easy to go back to it using the Direct menu again (even if you've deleted it from the stored lists, it's still there).

Once you're not using that flight plan you can delete it from the stored flight plans (scroll to the plan, hit CLR).

The Garmin simulator is useful for working through this.

Join the 480 Yahoo users group at: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/gns480-users

UTube

:D
Quick question for the 480 users. How do I delete an active flight plan on the 480. Say I want to wipe out the plan and start over. I can delete the previous flight plans but not the active.thx

I'm not a Garmin 480 user but have you "UTubed" Garmin 480? I returned to flying three years ago after a twenty plus year layoff and have used UTube to learn how to used the dual 430s in my RV. There are some great Garmin instructional videos there for viewing.

Back