What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Recommendation needed-flap switch for use with VPX

cccjbr6

Well Known Member
Can anyone recommend a good on/off/momentary on switch (either toggle, rocker or something else) that we can use with a VPX to control the flaps on our RV-6A. The up position would be continuous on and raise the flaps without the need to hold it up (which is nice in a go around situation). The middle position is off and the lower position is momentary on to drop the flaps another notch. Thanks!

Can anyone recommend a good on/off/momentary on switch (either toggle, rocker or something else) that we can use with a VPX to control the flaps on our RV-6A. The up position would be continuous on and raise the flaps without the need to hold it up (which is nice in a go around situation). The middle position is off and the lower position is momentary on to drop the flaps another notch. Thanks!

Both Aerosport Products and Aircraft Specialty sells flap switches.

You only need momentary contact for both up and down with a VPX. You can program the VPX to rise to the next setting or all the way up.

Flap switch

I used the one that came with the flap actuator kit. I set the vpx to have 3 "notches" and one press to fully retract, also with the vpx- you set the maximum airspeed to allow flaps to deploy. I really like the way it works.

Momentary up & down with VPx

I just finished swapping out the flap switch in my infinity grip from the "MOM-OFF-ON" style to "MOM-OFF-MOM". With a short taxi to the hangar, we tended to leave the switch in the "up" on position after retracting and shutting down. The VP-x detects this as a flap switch fault when it powers back up. I'd recommend momentary in both directions with the VP-x.

Back