-Advertise in here!
- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 04-22-2021, 05:41 AM

Since I just turned 60 I think Iíve got one more build left in me, something to the tune of , take some Porsche 911 DNA and some from a SIA Marchetti 260 ,,, now we have a aerobatic four place grocery getter, that does 220 knots and paint it green to satisfy all the tree huggers 😂
Grounds keeper @ CKS9, 2020 dues gladly pd
Old 04-22-2021, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironflight View Post
Or maybe....ya know....Rian reads VAF and likes to yank peopleís chain.....
I thought about that and with the increase in the engineering team and fabrication equipment, it appears that there may be some actual movement in a new design.

That being said, while a twin or turbine sounds nice, at the end of the day itís gonna be a high wing bush plane. This will corner the market on the kit plane business and provide good growth for next decade and beyond. VAF has already established a market demand and a high wing would be a great hangar mate for the other RVs. In the meantime, save your pennies so you can be the first to order. 12 month lead time for us old folks is eternality......

RV-3 Sold
RV-4 Sold
RV-6a Sold
RV-9 Lycoming with CS, Built and Flying
1976 Aerostar 600A, Bucket-list twin
Old 04-22-2021, 07:50 AM

Hmm, let's think things through a bit...

* The techniques of the RV-14 (greater accuracy, better hole size) are being applied to the RV-10.
* The RV-8 some years back was upgraded to pre-punch
* IIRC, the RV-9 and RV-14 have the same outer mold line aft of the baggage compartment.
* RV-15 and RV-16 mentioned in the same breath

My guess is that the -15 and -16 will be upgrades/replacements for the -7 and -9, much the same aerodynamically but easier to build, things like wiring harness available, etc.
Too many safety posts purged without notice...
Old 04-22-2021, 09:31 AM

All this himmin and hawhin. I think I'll just go out and get in my Nissan 350Z drift car and feel some real GGGGG's
I can fly at 200 mph and not feel it. But, just get up to say 40-50 MPH going sideways and rubber burning all the way at 7-8000 rpm and it is a real gas. Talk about an adrenalin rush and tryin to stay on the track.
Spent to long racing cars even if they were mostly junkers in the past.
I think Van's should keep doing what they are doing. Building the great kits for us to play around with.
My three cents worth Art
Old 04-22-2021, 09:44 AM

Electric power perhaps?
Old 04-22-2021, 10:00 AM

They were talking openly about a -15 well over a year ago. I figured that meant an announcement was close then, since it seems likely that anticipating and RV-15 will affect sales of the current models. The lead time is so long right now, thereís really no reason not to wait and see what the new kits are.
Old 04-22-2021, 10:15 AM

Default An RV-15 & RV-16??

The RV-10 was a big leap into the unknown for Vans. It may be the first really successful 4 place kit airplane. The RV-10 spawned the RV-14, same airfoil, shorter wingspan, 2 place version. The RV-10 is closing in on the RV-9(A) in terms of flying airplanes, 980 vs 1150 and was introduced a couple of years later than the RV-9(A).

So Vans has two very successful modern, in production wing (with custom airfoil) and empennage for 2 place and 4 place airplanes.

My guess: the RV-15 and RV-16 will be high wing, all aluminum airplanes using the RV-10 and RV-14 wings and empennage. The will be strut-less (Cessna Cardinal and 210) for efficiency and will retain the approximately 4:1 speed range and cruising speed of the current model RV-10 and RV-14. These models already have good STOL capability.

The market for these will be new and existing Vans airplane builders who do not like the fabric covered steel tube fuselage of the Bearhawk series of high wing airplanes.
Old 04-22-2021, 10:15 AM

How about a four engine, sweep wing, heavy hauler for those that like to camp out at OSH in luxury!
Superior XPIO-360, Hartzel CS prop, Dual GRT Horizon WS, EIS, Garmin 340, 335 w/WAAS gps, Dual 430s (non-WAAS), TruTrak 385 A/P with auto-level & auto-trim, Tosten 6 button Military Grips, FlightBox wired to WS, Dynon D10A w/battery backup, 406 MHz ELT. Custom Interior, New TS Flightline hoses, Great POH!
Retired - Living the dream - going broke!
Old 04-22-2021, 03:13 PM

Default Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankerpilot75 View Post
How about a four engine, sweep wing, heavy hauler for those that like to camp out at OSH in luxury!
are you serious? They already make an RV like this. It is made by Winnebago.

WARNING! Information presented in this post is my opinion. All users of info have sole responsibility for determining accuracy or suitability for their use.

Dues paid 2021, worth every penny

RV9A- Status:
Tail 98% done
Wings 98% done
Fuselage Kit 98% done
Finishing Kit 35% canopy done for now
Electrical 85% in work
Firewall Forward 5% in work
Fiberglass 0%, thought i was building in metal?
www.pilotjohnsrv9.blogspot.com
Old 04-22-2021, 03:41 PM

Match drilled RV- Airstream!

Phil
RV10
Bountiful KBTF
Utah