What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 down in Hilliard Fl

Dan92

Well Known Member
According to the news an RV-8 crashed today in Hilliard FL killing the pilot, no passenger aboard. No info yet as to the owner.

Dan

Not a great weather day. Nor'easter for last 3 days.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 5.32.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 5.32.49 PM.png
    254.8 KB · Views: 536
Unfortunately the tail number reported (N800PB) belongs to a friend of mine who keeps his RV-8 two doors down from my hangar at Palm Coast (KFIN) airport. The reports are confirmed, it was him and he did not survive the crash. I went by the airport today and everyone is stunned.

RIP Bill.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that. Yes, it seems way too many lately. Even though one anytime is one too many.

Vic

We had a small service for Bill at our airport today attended by 23 local pilots. Bill's wife and son (Major Airline Pilot) also attended and as you can imagine they are still in stunned disbelief. We tried to keep it as a "See you later" and not a "Goodbye".

One of the local female pilots read the poem "Flying West" by Capt Michael Larkin (TWA Ret) as a tribute to his life. For those that have not read the poem I attached it as a link to this post.

:(

Back