What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Falcon RV Fly-In May 4

strahler13

Well Known Member
05-04-2013
Falcon RV Squadron
Spring 2013 RV Fly-In and Cookout Saturday, May 4th, Rain or shine!

The Falcon RV Squadron is inviting you to its spring 2013 RV Fly-In and Cookout at Falcon Field, Peachtree City, GA (KFFC). You are invited as long as you own an RV, are building an RV, want to own or build an RV, or you just like looking at RVs. The cookout will be at Falcon Field, Hangar D-30. D-30 is the Headquarters of the Falcon RV Squadron, home of 30 flying RVs! The hangar is located on the northwest end of the airport. There will be signs and ?follow me? golf carts to assist in parking. When you park you will be given a ?Welcome? flyer with additional details. Lunch will be from 11am until 1pm (or thereabouts). It?s all free! Not only that, we will be offering everyone some special good deals.

Special Good Deals for our members and guests:
Free Door Prizes. A number of companies, including Aircraft Spruce, Whelen, Van's Aircraft, Dynon, Oregon Aero, Desser Tire, Chick Fil A, Grand Rapids Technologies, PS Engineering and Gardner Aviation are donating items for raffle. Every arriving guest will be given one free ticket. Additional chances can be purchased for a fee. Register for the raffle on arrival. The drawing will be at 12:00 pm and you must be present to win. Net proceeds from the raffle will be donated to the Patriot Guard Riders, a volunteer organization that provides support for families of fallen veterans.

Discounts at Aircraft Spruce: Aircraft Spruce will be offering discount pricing for our guests on Saturday. Just present the ?Welcome? flyer at the counter to receive the discount.

Reduced gas prices: Falcon Field will be offering discounted gas prices for our guests who fly-in.

Contacts:
Don Roberts at [email protected] 678 438-3052
Dane Patterson at [email protected] 678 378-7849

I'll be there, but I'm going to have to drive due to a perfect storm of maintenance issues with available rental aircraft.

Will the gate to the hangars be open or will I need a code to get in?

Nice to meet all of you!

Rob here,
Very nice group of passionate RV guys and gals. You all made me, my wife and little boy feel right at home in your hanger. Thanks for your hospitality And we look forward to our next step in joining the family of happy RV owners. If you boys have a need for the things we chatted about, feel free to hit me up as I am ready to be used and abused of my talents for aviation. Loved sitting in the 7 and I look forward to sitting left seat in one, but I suppose right seat will do for now. Maybe next time I won't have to pretend its moving! Thanks rain.....

Rob Pippins

Welcome

Welcome to VAF, Rob. There were several of us wanting to be there but the weather Gods prevailed.

If you're down in my neck of the woods, we'll put you in the left seat of my -10 and go burn some avgas.

Best,

Rob here,
Very nice group of passionate RV guys and gals. You all made me, my wife and little boy feel right at home in your hanger. Thanks for your hospitality And we look forward to our next step in joining the family of happy RV owners. If you boys have a need for the things we chatted about, feel free to hit me up as I am ready to be used and abused of my talents for aviation. Loved sitting in the 7 and I look forward to sitting left seat in one, but I suppose right seat will do for now. Maybe next time I won't have to pretend its moving! Thanks rain.....

Rob Pippins

Agreed, great group that made me feel very welcome. I finally got to sit in an RV-8 and assuage that little concern I had that I might not fit in the thing. Now I can continue building with confidence.

And even though the weather precluded a motivational flight, it was hard not to look over the nose of the -8 and imagine seeing open sky in front of me instead of the rest of the hangar. I kind of needed a little push to help me power through prepping these wing ribs.

Makes me wish I didn't live on the north side of town; I'd love to have a group of guys like this really local to me.

Yes...4 nches of rain, mostly on Saturday. The show still went on as scheduled, but a lot of the fly in friends could not make it. A fun time was held by all anyway. Things didn't end until around 10:00 pm.

I want to thank the sponsors and all who helped with the event. We shall not be deterred and hope to have a bigger and better Fly In next year.

Mark

FFC Fly In

Thanks for the invite Mark. I wish we could have made it in, but the weather had other plans.... Please keep us posted on future events.

Had a great time. Saw a bunch of faces that I recognized and many RVs. Did not take the time to walkdown and visit, but I heard the Corsair call out on final. The food was outstanding, the weather was the best in weeks. Top it all off with a visit to AC Spruce for a case of oil.

Great Day for a Fly-In

This thread started out with last year's Fly-In, but here's a report on this past Saturday's event.

Falcon%20Spring%20Fly-In-1_zpsppmqolpn.jpg

What a great day! Finally, after two straight years with frustrating weather, we got the day we were hoping for. The whole event was superb. The weather, the turnout, the food, the support, the planes, all perfect.
The FBO location worked out great for parking and the dining area was perfect. The food line, with the funeral tents over the serving tables, worked out very well. Experience helps. We were able to seat about 70-80 at any one time.
We had more RVs on the ramp than Sun n Fun. We had about 24 of our own in the group photo and, at one time, I counted over 25 others. When you consider all the coming and going, I bet we had close to 60 RVs . The FBO guys say they counted 60 transient aircraft, not all RVs of course.

AirCam%20Photo%20-%20Falcon%20Spring%20Fly%20In_zpshlkztqc4.jpg

The planes shown in the photos are about 2/3 of the total hangared here in Peachtree City, GA. We hope to see even more of you next year.

Last edited:
My 18 year old daughter and I flew up from Quincy, FL 2J9(Tallahassee) and had a wonderful time. It was her first ride in the RV-6 and my first RV specific fly-in even though I have had the plane for a year and a half. I didn't get to mingle with any RV drivers and I did not go over to Spruce since I did not want to neglect my daughter. She did enjoy walking the line and having me point out the specifics of each model.

11154956_10153152167386117_1969604764100143534_o.jpg

After a great lunch and with a smooth ride at 8500 ft she was out like a light for the one hour flight back to Quincy.
11129915_10153152347266117_7228869523760589176_o.jpg
[/IMG]

Looking forward to next years event!

Yes, it was a perfect day as was the food and the company :) This is one of the must attend events of the year for me. Thanks Falcon Field RVs!

Yes, it was a perfect day as was the food and the company :) This is one of the must attend events of the year for me. Thanks Falcon Field RVs!

Back