What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin GAD 27 Mounting

rapid_ascent

Well Known Member
I'm curious what others have done to mount their GAD 27 ?

Most of the signals seem to point to putting it somewhere in the central cabin area. The most likely area for me right now is under the pilot or copilot seats.

Pics would be helpful.

Just me

I am putting it on the sub panel on the right side. I am keeping all the Garmin boxes close to each other. Also Imdid not see any wiring advantage to having the GAD27 anywhere else. I am using the GAD 27 keep alive circuit for start and did not want to run long power wires to the gad 27 and then back to the gdu460 display, and the GEA 24 engine instrument data box.

Lot's of modifications

I put all the "boxes" on the right side sub-panels, behind the MFD:

The GAD 27 on the F-768A. The GAD 29 on the F-745-R (Relocated), and the GEA 24 on the F-768B-R.

I also relocated the aft sections of the F-745-L&R to form the sides of the radio stack.

Attachments

• IMG_0048.jpg
    IMG_0048.jpg
    351.2 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
I am putting it on the sub panel on the right side.
Same here. Many of the connections to the GAD-27 are higher current draw items like flaps and landing lights that also go to the fuse blocks. My alternator/battery power bus feeds come in from the upper right firewall and go straight to fuse blocks on the right panel support rib. I put the GAD-27 as close to there as I could.

HTH

Dave

My Gad 27 will be mounted on the sub-panel next to the GSU 25's and to the left of the GAD 29. The IBBS and GEA 24 are on drop down trays between the firewall and sub-panel.

Attachments

• panel-front.jpg
    panel-front.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 223
  • trays.jpg
    trays.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 199
Back