What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for some RV-7 QB logs

Mruffatto

Hello all,
Can someone point me to a few good RV7 QB logs online?
My empannage is complete. I relied heavily on a couple good construction logs however those guys were doing slow builds.

I've done as much work on the wings as I can but need to make some decisions before continuing. I've started on the fuselage and have been muddling through the directions but I feel constantly lost. I keep putting tasks off till later to confirm whether I should be completing them now.

You guys were not kidding about the directions becoming sparse after the empannage. It just so happens I'm a directions type of guy. Thanks in advance.

Mike

Mykit log

Here is my kitlog, I am also not sure it is a good log. I have QB wings and SB fuselage and you are correct, the directions become less and less a step by step process. Part of that is the number of options that become available for the wings and fuselage.

If you have any questions about the QB wings please feel free to send me an email. I can relay my experences, decisions, problems and solutions. It would take way to much space to cover them here.

My initial advice is to try to make as many decisions about options before you get started. For example; lights, antennas, autopilot servos and pitot system require some decisions within the wing. Much easier if you have planned it out before you get started. Same for the fuselage.

EDIT it would help if I included the web url http://mykitlog.com/users/category.php?user=sdahrens&project=248&category=8082

Last edited:
I did QB wings and slow fuse, finishing up the canopy.....and then on to the other 90%

Mike I do not have a log. But if you PM me I will give you my phone number and will tell you anything you want to know.

Mike,
Even though I have pictures posted, a lot of the build is not documented or captioned on line in the pictures, However, I have very complete construction logs with all the notes mistakes, and over 700 pages of written documents in my actual construction logs.

If you PM me I have it available on a flashdrive and would be willong to share it.
Smilin' Jack
Slow build wings and QB fuselage... It still takes longer than the wings.

Back