What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hangar this weekend near KEGT, Wellington KS?

GilbertRV

I'm hoping to fly the 7A up to Wellington this weekend for my Grandson's 1st birthday. KEGT doesn't seem to have any available covered parking or hangar space. Any RV's know of any space close to KEGT that might be free for the weekend?

Thanks,
Greg

If you don't find an offer closer to Wellington, you're welcome to park in my hangar at Stearman Field (1K1 in Benton). Stearman Field is 30 nm NNE of Wellington (50 miles or 1 hour by car). There's a grass taxiway (that can get a little soft in heavy rain) from the paved surfaces on the airport to my hangar.

Did you call to Wellington to see if they have any hangar space available for overnight stays? I'm kind of surprised that they wouldn't have something open for transient aircraft. A couple of the folks in our local RV group are based out of Wellington, but their t-hangars are obviously full with their own airplanes.

Thank you Steve. I spoke with Matt at KEGT and Air Plains and neither had anything available. However I think I have something lined up at either Cook Field, K50, or Strother, KWLD. I appreciate your offer.

I looks like it might be a pretty windy weekend up there.

Greg

Back