What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

air hose size

coffeeguy

Well Known Member
I currently have a pneumatic squeezer and love it. It has a v-style fitting that I connect directly to a 3/8" hose because I wanted it to have enough air to operate. For everything else I have a Cleaveland light hose that I plug into the 3/8" hose, so my rivet gun, die grinder, drill all use the smaller hose. It's kind of a pain to plug the small hose into the mainline, it takes a lot of strength, so I was thinking about putting the smaller fitting on my squeezer and running that one off of the smaller hose too. I would also be easier to move around and rivet with as well.

Is anyone using the Cleaveland lightweight hose with a pneumatic squeezer? How does it perform?

I currently have a pneumatic squeezer and love it. It has a v-style fitting that I connect directly to a 3/8" hose because I wanted it to have enough air to operate. For everything else I have a Cleaveland light hose that I plug into the 3/8" hose, so my rivet gun, die grinder, drill all use the smaller hose. It's kind of a pain to plug the small hose into the mainline, it takes a lot of strength, so I was thinking about putting the smaller fitting on my squeezer and running that one off of the smaller hose too. I would also be easier to move around and rivet with as well.

Is anyone using the Cleaveland lightweight hose with a pneumatic squeezer? How does it perform?

Yes. It will work fine with a small hose. The squeezer takes very little volume. Same applies to most air tools used to build an airplane in the home shop. Almost the only time a 3/8 (or larger) hose is useful is when your neighbor uses your shop air supply to do body work on his hot-rod with a huge inline sander :).

Thanks Scott,
That's what I thought, but I didn't want to change the fittings twice in case it didn't work out and I had to go back.

Air hose

Mine Cleveland hose also works great. I run die grinder, pneumatic cut off wheel and squeezer. Beats using heavy air hose and is more flexible. Just received my 14a wing kit so will have lots of time to use it Dennis

air hose

I have a remodel going on in my house and the framers all used this super flexible hose called flexeel. Pretty cool stuff, I've switched to using it in my airplane shop.

PFE4100TS15X-2.jpg

Does the flexeel hose have the same super small/lightweight fitting on the end that the Cleaveland version has? Every gram less is a good thing. :)

I have a remodel going on in my house and the framers all used this super flexible hose called flexeel. Pretty cool stuff, I've switched to using it in my airplane shop.

PFE4100TS15X-2.jpg

Maybe flex-boa might be accurate - if you use a hose reel, be sure it is rolled up when pressurized as it will crush cheap reels otherwise.

Super flexible hose is so much easier to work with!! Well worth the "other" characteristics.

The Flexeel is available at Walmart for next to nothing. It's draw back is the memory in the hose itself. While the more expensive hose offered by Cleveland will lay flat on the floor with 125 psi in it, the Flexeel will do it's best to lasso your ankle on your first potty break. To it's credit, it's brilliant blue makes it hard to miss so the manufacturer can claim you had a visual warning of impending disaster :D

Back