What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ACS Throttle cable

ExtraKatana

Well Known Member
Curious if anyone has ordered these through Vans lately. I understand the green outer-liner is an ACS cable. Looking for a 55” with just the 10/32 threads on the end. Yes, I did see where the web store mentioned allow two weeks. Today’s Shipping world that could mean 2 months. Wondering if I should just go to Mcfarlane.

Last edited:
I would really recommend getting a McFarlane cable. They are beautifully smooth, and will last the life of your airplane. Many of us have had to change out the green cables after 400--500 hrs. It is an unpleasant job that I now expect I will never have to do again.

They are pricey, $300+, but worth it.

throttle cable

I recently ordered a throttle cable from Vans. I asked for it to be shipped via flat rate usps and it got here in 2 days. Works perfect.

ACS?

Was it the green cased ACS cable? That is really encouraging. I was envisioning a couple of months. The person that originally sent confirmation of receipt of my order, which I placed six days ago… Said on Friday, they would have to look through 700 orders to see where mine was in the process. In stock? Out of stock? Leadtime? Not a clue of any. I didn’t envision such antiquated systems since recommendation is to use the “on-line store.”

Last edited:
throttle cable

I got it from vans. Called to place order Requested priority usps. Was in stock and in shipping that afternoon. Couldn't have been better

Back