Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

VAF on Twitter:
@VansAirForceNet

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2022, 04:17 PM

Default Where to stay overnight, GA to OSH

On past trips, I've always stayed with friends as the need arose, going and coming. This year, that won't work -- out of town, runway torn up for resurfacing, kid moved back in with too much stuff. And to make things more interesting, the weather in the southeast has been IFR / low IFR in the mornings (I don't fly above overcasts lower than 1,000'), with thunderstorms in the afternoon, sometimes organized thunderstorms. Bottom line is that I don't know when I'll leave, exactly. In the last 10 years, once I had a three day window and took the airlines. Once the weather went bad at the last moment and I drove, a fate even worse than the airlines.

My fallback position is to land at big city airport$ that will have access to name brand hotel$, etc., but does anybody have any better ideas? I know that at one point there was a list of hospitable RVers, but my search of VAF was inadequate to find it.

See y'all in Oshkosh!

Ed