What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Weldon 8163-A Fuel Pump Replacement?

Vans101

Well Known Member
I am posting for a friend who is looking for a Weldon 8163-A electric fuel pump for a turbo Lycoming with a 14 VDC electrical system.

Other than getting the existing pump rebuilt, what options are there? Is there an equlivant non-approved pump for use in experimental airplanes or a car application?

Thanks

I have a Weldon 8163A on the firewall in my plane...it started leaking a little about 15-20 tach hours ago and my A&P felt it was unsafe. I bought a rebuilt one from QAA for $890 (+$400 core charge, which they returned). Fast shipping, plane was only down for a few days. Pretty seamless transaction. I found a couple of other places, including Aircraft Spruce, https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/eppages/weldonfuelpumps.php?clickkey=1451546 . Rebuilt pump at most places was about $900, new one was about $1200. Availability was spotty.

Quality Aircraft Accessories

So we found a source for a direct replacement pump from CJ Aviation. They had a rebuilt unit in stock for $875.00 and the new one is on its way.

Does anyone have a data sheet for this unit?

Specifically we need to knw what the fittings are that thread into the ends. The fitting that came off had an O ring on it however I do not think that the port requires an O ring.

Does anyone remember the part number of the fittings?

Back