What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Breaking news (RV-1 comments)

RV1

RV1 is no longer at Sun N Fun???

Sorry did not know Van had left SNF. Just saw the pics on Ted Changs post...

Last edited:
Glad I got to see history

Hey Paul and Louise,

It was a pleasure meeting you guys Wed and Thur at the RV-1 tent. Turned into a great rallying place for other RV'ers. Nice to see Van hanging around a spell or two. He is a man of few spoken words but you could see it on his face. I use to live just North of Portland, OR so I went to Vans a lot to get new parts for the ones I buggered up. I would see him at work a lot but not many words spoken. I thanked him for the RV-8 design that I have. Got to meet the great Pierre Smith, master of the crop duster. What I treat to meet the folks we read about on the forum. Still looking forward to meeting Dan Horton some day to thank him for fiberglass tips, etc. Anyhow, the RV-1 tent was a great idea and a great place to rest those barking dogs after walking on them all day. Thanks for letting me help Paul and Ernie push the -1 to get fuel. They made me steer at the back with the rudder. My leg muscles are still recovering. Cheers.

Jeff Liebman
RV-8. N139JL
365 Hours TT
Superior IO-360 Hartzell Blended Airfoil Prop
Airglades Airport, FL

Another thanks

I would also like to thank Paul and Louise (and all others envolved with the RV-1) for the wonderful hospitality at the tent. I was there for one day (drove over with my Dad -- was in Orlando for Spring Break with the family), and they were just great.

It really is neat having a tent like that where VAF (errr...... people who build Vans Aircraft) can go and meet/chat with each other. I know you guys put some long hours in manning the tent (though a lot of fun I'm sure).

Is the 1/tent going to be at Oshkosh? I think that might be a dumb question given the Vans honoring? Thanks again and nice BSing with you Paul. Dave

Thanks,

I too need to thank Paul and Louise for their hospitality while looking at RV-1. Also got to meet Pierre and chat. Spoke with Van and thanked him for designing the RV-9A and that the wife and I love this little airplane.

Thanks again to everyone.

For everyone that enjoyed seeing the "ONE" and visiting at SnF...mnay thinks from all of us for stopping by! We really didn't' know what to expect with our modest little display, but we were really happy when it became the default rest stop for RV'ers at the show. When I go to Oshkosh, I wander around...and after about four days, my feet and legs are killing me - plus, I have missed lots of people I want to see and chat with. Having a location where we could sit, and people came to us? Priceless!

We don't' know for sure how we'll set up for Oshkosh, but you can bet that the little yellow airplane will be easy to find - hope to see many more folks there!

And yes - it was pure magic watching Van lift off in the "ONE" for the first time in 40+ years.....pure magic.

Paul

Back