What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

X country

FLTENG

Well Known Member
I am planning a X country, Victoria, BC to Summerside, PEI and possibly NFLD next summer in my RV7 and looking for suggestions on enroute airstrips I can layover and camp.
Cheers, Hugh

AirNav.com is an excellent source for airport / trip planning info.

http://www.airnav.com/plan/fuel/

You can change the parameters to only give you airports that have 24 hour fuel (credit cards), check fuel prices, tie down fees, courtesy cars, ect. (Check the comments)

Plan your trip right and stop by OSH. The BIG show is worth the trip.

Last edited:
Hello Hugh
I'm in southern Nova Scotia, I'm in the flight supplement under Lower East Pubnico. I have a 2000' grass strip now, and building an RV-10. Would love to have you drop by, although slightly off coarse. We have hangar space and would make accomodations available.
Ron

I am planning a X country, Victoria, BC to Summerside, PEI and possibly NFLD next summer in my RV7 and looking for suggestions on enroute airstrips I can layover and camp.
Cheers, Hugh

Hi Hugh

Did the trip from Langley BC to Summerside in 04 with a week in Oshkosh on return, unable NFLD due wx.
A few RV's in Langley are planning to go to Oshkosh this year and I would also like to get to Summerside (born there) and NFLD with a stop in St-Pierre (France) to have a French destination in my journey log. As for stopovers I did not camp and usually just pushed the nearest button on GPS when I got tired.

Trans Canada flight

Hugh:

If you have not spoken to John Howroyd in Victoria, he is also planning a flight across Canada this year, probably late enough to see the fall colors. I may also join John, if I can find a passenger to assist with fuel costs. It's John's wish to make Nfld. also, if possible.

JT

Hi Hugh

Depending upon when you are coming through the Ottawa area, you are welcome to stay overnight at my house. I'm about a 5 minute drive from CYRP (Carp) where I keep my -8, and can pick you up and drop you off.

Cheers

Back