What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Magneto Synchronizer working?

alcladrv

Well Known Member
I have a TP-105 Magneto Synchronizer aka "Buzz Box". The last time I tried to time the left magneto on my -7A, it didn't seem to work. All 4 - AA batteries inside the case read at least 1.57 V each. When not connected to any magneto and with the power switch selected On, both lights burn steady and both buzzers put out a steady tone.

What else can I do, disconnected from any magnetos, to verify the unit operates correctly?

Thanks

I have a TP-105 Magneto Synchronizer aka "Buzz Box". The last time I tried to time the left magneto on my -7A, it didn't seem to work. All 4 - AA batteries inside the case read at least 1.57 V each. When not connected to any magneto and with the power switch selected On, both lights burn steady and both buzzers put out a steady tone.

What else can I do, disconnected from any magnetos, to verify the unit operates correctly?

Thanks

Touch the red or green aligator clamp to the black one, then it should go off. I buzzs with an open and goes off with a closed circuit. Timing is set by points opening (i.e. open circuit) and this is what it indicates via buzzing.

Last edited:
With the unit turned on, when I touch the L or R lead to the Black one, the respective light goes out and the buzz continues but slightly changes its tone.

Thank you for a helpful response lr172.

Back