What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

North West: Where can I take my girlfriend?

Malcolm

I'm New Here
I’m looking for somewhere neat to fly somewhere in the Northwest for my girlfriends birthday. Somewhere with a nice hotel or resort near the airport. I fly out of Camas Washington and would like to keep it within 600 or so miles. Any ideas?

Friday Harbor or Orcas in the San Juans is always a good bet. Both of hotels, B&Bs, etc. close by. Sandpoint, ID likewise though there’s lots of smoke there this year. Port Townsend another good choice.

Last edited:
San Juan islamds

Roche Harbor on San Juan isalnd or Eastsound om Orcas Island both have nice resort accommodations within reach of the respective airports

Second

I will second Sunriver. Lots to do near the airport. I even have a friend who has a place for rent there. Haven’t been to Friday harbor yet but only hear good things about it.

I'll add my Sunriver recommendation (I have a place over there too), short hop from 1W1 to S21, stay at the lodge. Food, rafting/hiking, etc.

Friday/Orcas would be great too, or NorCal - maybe Napa? Little wine tasting, etc.

BTW- are you hangared at Camas? I am in G3, swing by sometime and say hi.

Dan

Pacific City Oregon, everything close to the airport. Lodging, food, the beach.
A little farther south, Shelter Cove CA. Everything within walking distance to the airport, hotels, restaurants, black sand beaches.

My wife's favorite is Friday Harbor.
Sandpoint, ID is just about IFR this morning, with all the fires in the area.

Love the San Juan Islands listed above.

Want to add KCEC, Crescent City, CA. There is a B&B about a mile walk from the airport, right on the ocean. “Scopa at the Sea”. Uber was easy to get into town. Prices are steep, but that was one of my favorite coastal B&B’s.

Back