What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

PnP flying

For those flying Pilots n Paws in your RV. How large of a dog have you carried? Have you carried multiple dogs? I’m looking at moving a 55lb and 30lb dog at one time. I have done multiple PnP flights but, only in a Bonanza and it is down for maintenance. Thanks!

I do PnP in my 9. I limit the weight to 50 lbs to make it easier on myself getting the dog in and out. I even did the Super Tracks mod to help. I limit myself to one adult dog at a time for safety reasons since I’m usually by myself.

I have flown Golden Retrievers and German Shepard’s, but not more than one at a time.

I don’t use a crate due to limited space. I put them into the baggage area and secure them to a cargo tie down so they can move around but can’t get up front. Most just sack out.

If you are flying 2 without crates you need to make sure they get along, you don’t want a dog fight. :eek:

I didn’t accept the flight because of our forecast weather but, I was thinking only one larger dog would be a load. Thanks for the help. I’m hoping to one day do a PnP flight in the RV-7 but, so far the only time I carried a single dog he weighed 125lbs.

By the way Skid these dogs are headed to KBUU.

Last edited:
I have had 9 dogs in my -14 on 2 occasions :) of course it was either a mom with 8 puppies or 9 puppies on the flights. I can fit a 28" crate in the baggage area and that limits the size of dog to usually around 30 pounds. A well behaved smaller dog or a much smaller crate can tie on the passenger seat and not interfere with the control stick.

Back