What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Testing Ray Allen Flap Position Switch

rockitdoc

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I would like to test my micro molex connector crimping and insertion into shells skills using the flap position switch as the test bed. I have connected the switch to the harness with three wires: Orange, blue and green from switch to orange blue and white in the Steinair harness. Green and white are probably ground and the orange and blue are probably for the position of the flaps, up and down. Is there an easy way to test whether my connections at the switch are competent using the three wires currently terminating in the large dSub at the forward end of the Steinair harness?

The orange, blue and green are for the position sensor. They should not be connected to the rocker switch. The switch connects to the two white wires on the servo.

attachment.php

Last edited:
The orange, blue and green are for the position sensor. They should not be connected to the rocker switch. The switch connects to the two white wires on the servo.

attachment.php

I understand. My post prolly wasn't clear. I said switch when I meant the position sensor. I would like to use the orange, blue and white (green) wires from the position sensor and at the panel end of the harness to test my connections at the position sensor. I can't use continuity because all of the bare wires are covered by insulation or the micro molex plugs.

Figured it out

The Ray Allen sensor is a potentiometer with the green(white on the harness) wire the center of travel. The blue and orange wires range between 0 and 5k Ohms. Which is what I measured on mine. So, my micro molex crimping and insertion skills are working.....this time.

Back