What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Van's Fuel Valve Recommended Maintenance

LouFly

Well Known Member
20 yo original Van's Fuel Valve in RV-6A. Doesn't seem too stiff -- no issues. In Vic's seminar he recommended a PM I think. Any recommendations for PM -- simple lubrication, or take apart and inspect??

In the last couple condition inspections I've drained the tanks in order to do a good visual inspection. Doing this and also removing the various covers so you can check all the fuel lines and AN fittings allows you to very easily take apart the fuel selector and lube it.

fuel valve

I’ve taken mine apart to lube it. I’ve found the easy answer is Marvel Mystery oil. Keeps the valve easy to move. 1330 hours on the original fuel tank selector.

I had mine working flawlessly since 2011. I did notice a little slop in the stem and was planning to take a look inside during the condition inspection. At the same time a good friend of mine had a fancy Andair installed on his build and gave me his stock valve. I installed it right away and boy what a difference in handling! A pronounced click while switching the tanks, the ease of turn... man sometimes forgets how different things were when new :D

Back