What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Berry mount vs. Lord mount

Bavafa

Well Known Member
Just wondering if anyone has real data between this two brand and if the Lord mount are worth the extra cost?

I was looking for the same type of information before I ordered my motor mounts. Most of the info seems to be more of just opinions. In the end I just went with the Lord mounts. I don't have a lot of hard data to backup that decision though.

Just wondering if anyone has real data between this two brand and if the Lord mount are worth the extra cost?

LORD LORD LORD.... Spend the money. Trust me. The LORD mount is far better (with the inner silicone damper). The best. Look up the history of LORD. I worked on the JSF (now the F35 lightning) and coordinated with them. Don't cheap out on the engine vibration isolators. Then get your PROP balanced by a pro. The best person to balance a prop are the guys who also balance helicopter rotors. They understand vibration. A lot of folks buy these automated prop balance analyzers and throw weights on. It is much more nuanced and takes experience and attention to details.

I have swapped out engine mounts for LORD and it was obvious. The LORD provided much better vibration and deflection control.

You will be treated to a smooth low vibration sky ride if you go with LORD and a good Prop balance (which is hard to find someone who know how to do it well). It will pay maintenance dividends with less wear, tear, fretting and cracks.

Last edited:
I'm not sure on the RV platform but on all the aerobatic aircraft that went through my shop (and there were many) the Barry mounts performed/ lasted the best by far. On the MX-2 and MXS they were the only ones that would last a full season with the top unlimited competitors and Rob Holland types. Obviously- Rob was a little harder on things than the average RV pilot. The mounts for the RV may be a different animal.
We had no affiliation with either company.

I went through the same dilemma for my 7. Ended up using the Barry mts. Didn't find any data on why I should spend the extra money on the Lords. Only 4 yrs and 530 hrs so far with no signs of deterioration or sag yet. No hard G acro. Time will tell if it was the right choice.

Back