What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bay of Fundy

Jaypratt

Well Known Member
Mentor
The 'Borrowed Horse' carried us on another adventure.
Carol and I lifted off on July 12, 2015 we flew to Plymouth Indiana to visit friends. We were staging to fly into Oshkosh on Friday. Our friends sailed their Boat around the world via both canals back in the 1980s took them 4 years, left with two kids returned with three. I have known them senice my sailing days in the BVI

We arrived on Friday over Fisk and Ripon,,,, at the same time a B52 was coming. What a night mare? Controler turned a bunch of planes around. There were 4 Kit Fox planes several planes in front of me, I do not think they could fly Fast enough, it caused the line up to get messed up. So much for going in on Friday to beat the crowd. Oshkosh was super fun, we volunteer in Home Built Camping. Volunteering makes being there more fun.

Thursday we lit off for Maine. The bay of Fundy has been a Bucket list item for a long time. We drove up the coast of Canada, several days camping out of a car. Taking time to explore the tidel beaches along the way. The Bay of Fundy has up to 50' of tide. Pretty interesting for this old Sailor. . Pretty country too.

We camped in Maine after clearing in to the USA, visited the Home of Wooden Boat Magazine. Watched a Wooden Boat Regatta . Enjoyed the cool temperatures. Maine is a great place to be when Texas is having a record hot August.

We returned home yesterday August 14, 2015 a month of travel. We stayed with friends and camped. One night in a Hotel.
We flew 3540 NM
Used 218 gallons of gas, costing $968
And logged 24 hours flying.
What a machine! That old 'Borrowed Horse'. :D

Last edited:
Jay,

Too bad we didn't know you were in the area. My wife and I make day trips to the bay frequently, it's about a twenty minute drive from home. Also a three minute flight from Stanley where I keep my plane.

Sorry we missed you. :(

Jay Pratt

Too bad I missed you too Jay. I fly out of Stanley with Paul also and frequently fly around the Bay of Fundy.

Hello Jay.

I live a few minutes drive from the shore. We go over there to cool off in the Summer and watch the sunsets. If you're ever back this way, and want some pointers on things to do and see, just let me know.

Going back

Thanks for your comments. We plan to head back to the north east some time. Maybe next summer. I will pre announce next time and try to meet up.

Last edited:
Back