What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Starter wiring WH-K910

coffeeguy

Well Known Member
I was wiring my starter yesterday and the WH-K910 wire wouldn't fit. I think that one of the ring terminals was incorrect. They are both the same size. It fits onto the relay at the firewall because that post is smaller. The post on the starter is 1/4" and it won't fit. I don't have a ring terminal that big, so I'll order some, but just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem.

Also wondering about routing the starter lines as manual says see op62, but that doesn't have anything in there about the starter. Section 43 of the manual shows a 360, so it's a little different.

I know these are pretty basic questions, I'm still getting up to speed on FWF. Riveting everything was the easy part!

Jeff

yup, I had the same issue with that wire - I just bought and installed a larger ring terminal. You might buy a few extra of a few different sizes; over the build, you will need some for other wiring/avionics.

_Alex

Thanks Alex, I've already done some browsing on Stein's site, getting a list together. I bought a kit with the most popular sizes, but looks like I'll add some of the other sizes.

Back