What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Electrical Wiring Diagram in PDF Format

LittleJoeA

Well Known Member
Note: This is for the wiring diagram marked, "Finish Kit Shipped After 8-25-11"

I had a friend save the wiring diagram as a PDF file which is much easier to view using standard software.

He also created separate files for each module so they can be easily read when printed.

Most are best printed 11 x 17, but some are readable at 8 1/2 x 11.

There are a total of 10 pages and the file is about 3.5 Mb.

If you would like a copy, E-mail me at [email protected]

Wiring PDF

Joe -

Just had the pages printed 11x17 at the local office supply place. Looks great.

I have all the wires pulled and am just starting to connect things. Of course I am hoping it will just "plug and play" and that I never need these diagrams. But if problems come up, having the info in this format is going to be a big help.

Thanks again for making it available.

Has anyone made a PDF file of the wiring diagrams that are for the kits shipped prior to 8-25-11? If so would you care to share a copy:).

thanks

Wiring Diagram prior to...

I'd really like to get one also, if it wouldn't be too much of a pain.
thanks
Meade and George
N612RV

Wiring diagrams - there are 3

Hey guys,
I am happy with the AutoCADWS diagram, for me they are easy enough to use if I were to need to.
But, with regard to the paper ones being printed and offered to share, be sure you are specific with which one you need, there are 3 diagrams:
1. For SkyView who have finish kits prior to 8/25.
2. For SkyView who have finish kits after 8/25
3. For Dynon 180 avionics shipped prior to 8/25.

Ten pages of 11X17 prints is a big package, especially if the wrong one.

Mead, Hal_San, I know you both have Dynon 180 planes, or have you converted to SkyView? ;)

Tony

Last edited:
Mead and Hal-San...

only in my dreams!:D

Guys, Tony is right. The pdf file I have is for the Skyview installation with the finish kit wiring shipped prior to 8/25/11 (which is my situation). However, I can easily get the other two files converted at work this week.

Let me know which one you want. The pdf file is quite small, only about 710k. I'll need your email address to send the file as an attachment, so send me a PM.

PDF's

I had PDF files made of each module so they could be easily printed for my use.
I thought it would be a good idea to make it available to anyone that wanted to be able to make hard copies.
The first line of my posting makes it clear that they are only for the "Finish Kit Shipped After 8-25-11"
I?m sorry if I offended anyone by making this offer.

ACAD Dwg of SkyView with finish kits prior to 8/25. - PDF's, Errors?

Does anyone have PDF's in 11 x 17 format, 3 x 17 wide and 3 x 11 high? I could send you a PM. Would DropBox be better than email attachment?

I have a 11 x 17 printer and with a total of 9 pages and at that size should be legible.

Has anyone found any errors in the ACAD drawing.

Guys, Tony is right. The pdf file I have is for the Skyview installation with the finish kit wiring shipped prior to 8/25/11 (which is my situation). However, I can easily get the other two files converted at work this week.

Let me know which one you want. The pdf file is quite small, only about 710k. I'll need your email address to send the file as an attachment, so send me a PM.

If you would email me also I had the finish kit prior to 8/25/11 my emailis
[email protected]
Thanks Bayne

I have tried to convert the file to .pdf using several means WITH no success. Just cannot get the resolution. Best bet is to use the free DraftSight program or AutoCAD.

PDF files

If anybody else wants a pdf of the D180 or Skyview files, either post or send me a PM with your email address and let me know which one you want.

I have printed a Skyview file at A0 size (47"x33") and it's readable, but you may want a magnifying glass to help with the small print. I think anything much smaller than A0 would be too small.

I used AutoCad WS to produce the PDF in a 36" x 48" format - I followed the PDF instructions from Van's. I just got it back from the local blueprint shop. They will print the grey-scale for $0.35/ sq ft.($4.20) or $1/sq ft for color ($12). YMMV
You're right, I may need a magnifying glass to read it. I also have it on my iPad so that I can zoom in for the details but the printed version gives me a good view of where things are going.
Curt
Salem, OR

Tony

Can you please email me a copy of the wiring schematic: For SkyView who have finish kits after 8/25

I'd be extremely appreciative. Many thanks!

gary(dot)robertson(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

Yes Please

Would like copy of Skyview pre-08-25-11 (conversion harness) if you could. Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Jim D

There are free document storing websites. One could upload the PDF, then share the link to the document on VansAirforce. Anyone who is interested could download the pdf document at their convenience.
Joe Gores

I can't understand why Vans don't simply make the PDF versions available on their site as they have with the DWG's. Having to find and install a dwg viewer is a nuisance, and I typically find them a bit cumbersome to use anyway. A pdf is much easier for viewing purposes, and everybody can open the file. I've sent out about 15 in the last couple of days. Maybe a direct request to Vans is the way to go.

Edit: Well I put my money where my mouth was, and sent Vans a link to this thread and a request to include pdf's on their website. We'll see what happens.

Last edited:
Another fault with the system, is that I have tried and tried to download, and no success. I have downloaded dwg and unzip files several times, but still cannot get the darned things to come up. I suppose I have some setting messed up on my computer that is blocking me, and I admit I am not the brightest bulb on the string, but it has been very frustrating. There has to be a better way.

You can download Acad360 free of charge from the appstore to an ipad and open the dwg files directly.
I had a printshop plot the diagram the biggest papersize they had. European A0
For reference and faultfinding the ipad works great in the hanger, but for total overview a complete print sometimes works better.
With pdf there are always resolution issues which makes it difficult to read

Further advantage is i modified the dwg with all the changes i made which are quite a few

PDF File for early Kit

I sure could use a copy also. Early Kit #120291, with the Skyview updates. Thanks, Chuck

Wiring PDF

Robert, I have no problem printing 11 X 17, so if you could email me a .pdf file of the pre- 8/25/11 wiring, I would greatly appreciate it. I just had to return my Skyview for service, and I may not be out of the woods yet!!

Thanks in Advance.........Tom

Email: [email protected]

All sent. Incidentally, I never got any response at all from Vans to my request for them to put PDF's on their download site as well as the DWG's. I've sent out a lot of these files so far, so there is obviously a demand for them, even though the DWG's are OK if you have a viewer. It should be easy for Vans to make PDF's, and then at least you could be sure you always had the latest version.

I hate to bug you but could you also send me the file(s)? Thanks. Pilot at Pflanzer-aviation dot com.

Sorry to put you to so much trouble, but I tried for hours to download and read from Vans site, even had others try to help, still no success.Nice to know I am not so dumb as it would appear.:mad:
For my unique installation, having the files you sent has been very valuable,

All sent. Incidentally, I never got any response at all from Vans to my request for them to put PDF's on their download site as well as the DWG's. I've sent out a lot of these files so far, so there is obviously a demand for them, even though the DWG's are OK if you have a viewer. It should be easy for Vans to make PDF's, and then at least you could be sure you always had the latest version.

Randy and Mitch, files sent.

Tom and Milbern, please PM me your email addresses as I can't send the files via VAF.

No problem Don. Glad to help. I did think that Vans might at least have responded to my email. Oh well, maybe the RV-14 builders could put in a request when they eventually get their avionics, or perhaps Scott might mention it to the design department in the meantime.

Sizing

Robert, thanks, so much for the .pdf file. I printed it, but it is still almost impossible to read on paper. I have a 19" flat screen, and that works pretty good by using some magnification. Just for fun, I am going to take the file down to office depot and have them print it on the largest paper they have, with the image sized accordingly, and see what I get. I would love to have an "A" size print of it. I will report back.

Tom

Back