What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lowes Work Platform On Sale

N316RV

Well Known Member
Lowes has a Werner portable work platform on sale, was $44, now $19. I have a couple of these. They are good to stand on while working in cockpit or doing wiring after plane is on the gear. Could be a few inches lower, but still works good.
Check their black Friday sales stuff on line today

Thanks
Alan Jackson

Last edited:
Alan,
I fixed the link.

I bought two of those last black friday - great for finishing...

http://www.lowes.com/pd_146404-287-AP-20-MP6_4294797192_4294937087_?productId=1017889&Ns=p_ product_prd_lis_ord_nbr|0||p_product_qty_sales_dol lar|1&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl_Black%2BFriday%2BValue s_4294797192_4294937087_%3FNs%3Dp_product_prd_lis_ ord_nbr|0||p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&facetInfo=

051751068467xl.jpg

This is a great buy!

I bough 2 of these last year when they put them on sale.
I use them all the time.

Not open today, but you can order online for store pickup. They will set aside so you don't have to fight crowds or worry about being out of stock, and can pick it up at your leisure within 4 days.

Good idea to reserve one. Last year I had to call 3 stores before I found them in stock.
They tend to go fast.

Thanks... just ordered one from the NW Tucson store.

The timing was great - I was just going to make a wooden one, but this will be lighter and more useful...:)

Not open today, but you can order online for store pickup. They will set aside so you don't have to fight crowds or worry about being out of stock, and can pick it up at your leisure within 4 days.

Mission accomplished. I just bought 2 and hopefully they'll be waiting for me at the door tomorrow.

Thanks!
Phil

Thanks for the great heads-up, guys! Just snagged a couple myself. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

We got one last year (missed the sale), and it was just outstanding for a cockpit work platform once an airplane is on the gear but doesn't have the wings installed.

And it can act as a GREAT "tool collector" (once your workbenches and table saw are filled....) ;)

Along the lines of "tool collectors", I would suggest a drill doctor.

I was very skeptical and bought one last week when I was churning through drill bits on the stainless firewall.

If you're a tool collector, it's a must have! It really does a nice job, takes seconds, and is much more convenient than making runs to Lowes or Sears.

I'd put one on my shopping list if I didn't have it.

(Okay, you can have the thread back) :D

+3 here (gifts)

I went in last year after Thanksgiving and they just laughed when I asked if there were any left. A very popular item at that price.

We got one last year (missed the sale), and it was just outstanding for a cockpit work platform once an airplane is on the gear but doesn't have the wings installed.

And it can act as a GREAT "tool collector" (once your workbenches and table saw are filled....) ;)

Paul...Have you been looking in my hangar??:D

Just reserved two from the comfort of the Barcalounger!

Me Too

Jumped on the bandwagon and ordered two also. The money I saved by hearing about about this bargain on VAF will pay for my annual donation!! What about ya'll?

Bought 5 last year and gave 3 as presents. Lowes was out-of-stock everywhere so I took the ad into Home Depot and they matched the price and had plenty in-stock. Use them all the time. A woodworking magazine I read listed the benches as their #2 all time favorite tool.

Bought 5 last year and gave 3 as presents. Lowes was out-of-stock everywhere so I took the ad into Home Depot and they matched the price and had plenty in-stock. Use them all the time. A woodworking magazine I read listed the benches as their #2 all time favorite tool.

Just did this...

HD honors the price and you get a 10% "price beat" further discount!

Thanks VAF pilots, you cheap Bast@$%^... oh wait, I'm one?

I must confess, this was my first "Black Friday" purchase ever. Just got my Dad, Brother, and Myself a christmas present. No stress and ready for p-up in 20 minutes.

Thanks for the post

going fast

I ordered two at 8:00am this morning and 91 were in stock at a local store. I just returned from picking mine up (10:00am) and all 91 are now gone!

I ordered 4 yesterday morning on-line along with a few other door buster specials. Picked them up today at my leisure. All in stock were gone.

I just returned from my local Lowes with one in hand. Not only did they have a few pallets left they also got me for a $20 six foot fiberglass step ladder.

(I thought seriously about two but couldn't figure out what I would do with the second one, besides trip over it.)

I picked 2 up today and brought one up to the hangar. It will actually make a great bench seat too, as long as I don't let it get filled up with tools and boxes.

Gotta love the Holidays

I just got one along with an additional 10% military discount. $18.35 incl tax! Thanks for the heads up. :D

Just picked mine up, but big guys beware, max lbs is 225.........I'm not there yet but I know a few RV guys that are....

I thought about that earlier too. I'm 5lbs over gross. :)

There must be some engineeringargin built in there because it didn't complain. :)

If you strip down to the bare minimums, you may weigh in just under gross.:p Of course picking up your rivet squeezer will put you back over. :rolleyes: Just keep your work speed below Va for best results.

Bevan

Platform Cheaters

Im jealous ! I have to wait till Christmass to open mine. CHEATERS!!!!!!!!!!:)

If you strip down to the bare minimums, you may weigh in just under gross.:p Of course picking up your rivet squeezer will put you back over. :rolleyes: Just keep your work speed below Va for best results.

Bevan

That's one way to keep the FSDO from asking for photos with you performing work.

I thought about that earlier too. I'm 5lbs over gross. :)

There must be some engineeringargin built in there because it didn't complain. :)

The margin belongs to the engineer. Anyone got a mod to increase the gross beyond 225? :D

The margin belongs to the engineer. Anyone got a mod to increase the gross beyond 225? :D

I bought a couple tonight. I sure couldn't make them for what they cost on sale. They're made of riveted aluminum, and look quite beefy. Looks over built to me, but then I'm only 172lb soaking wet. Also, those pull rivets are probably not aircraft standard, thus leading my brain to a false determination of perceived strength.

Did I mention they're made of riveted aluminum? Most of us here have the materials, tools and ingenuity to beef them up if needed. The hinge mechanism for the folding legs are probably the weakest part. YMMV.

Bevan

Just saw this thread late yesterday. Was not able to order/reserve online, so I was at my local Lowe's at 06:00 this morning waiting for them to open. Found out they now open at 07:00. They are out.... #%$#%! CS rep said they show a -5 in inventory. I asked her what that meant. She said people have ordered them and will pick up later when they get more in stock. Asked her if I could do the same and she said yes! So I will get mine in a couple of weeks. I'm happy.

I picked up my platforms at Lowes yesterday, the customer service Gal told me they had 85 in stock at the start of the sale and were down -187 one day later.
They are nicely constructed, very sturdy and weigh about 12 pounds.
With 12 lb. of aluminum at a $1.00 a pound raw price, I find it hard to believe they can sell these platforms for $19.

I find it hard to believe they can sell these platforms for $19.

They aren't making money. Its to get you in the store to by something else.

I picked up three yesterday. :) And yes I did pick some other stuff up while I was there.

A Subway owner told me not too long ago that he loses money on every Chicken Teriaki sandwich he sells...

Me too, me too.

Took everyone's advice and decided to try and get a couple. Day after thanksgiving. Using lowes site I could not create an account, but I was able to order 2 (as a guest) for local pickup in Vancouver WA. Let's see if they are really their waiting for me. Thangs gang.
Ed

Back