What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Installing the Cherry MAX rivet in the center section

Installing the cherry max rivets for the skin stiffeners F-1204U and F-1204T to the channel of F-01204-1 Center section. Does it matter what side these rivers are pulled from? This is on page 20iS/U-04

Since the plans don't specify the direction, and the thickness of the F-1204U and F-1204T are the same, it probably doesn't matter. That said, I installed the rivets so the manufactured head is on the F-1204U and the shop head is on the F-1204T. I thought it looked better this way, and in the unlikely event that the shop head fails, the rivet will still remain in the hole with the manufactured head facing up and the shop head on the bottom.

Thanks for your response. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t overlooking something. That’s the way I’ll do it. Thanks again

I pulled three from one direction. On the fourth there was some interference with my rivet puller. Rather than pull at a slight angle, I put the fourth in from the other side.

Back