What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-9 N908DR First Flight

JDRhodes

Well Known Member
Dennis Rhodes, of Taylorsvile, Georgia flew his new RV-9 for the first time yesterday - December 22, 2008.

my.php

It was very cold for North Georgia - about 30 deg.! The airplane flew great. It's a day/night VFR RV-9. Lycoming O-320, 160 HP. Flew straight and true with no major issues. Looked like about 145 mph with no wheel farings and easy power settings. First flight was about 40 minutes. Look forward to flying again if we can work around the weather.

my.php

Congratulations, Dad! It's a great looking airplane! Now, can I have the keys? :rolleyes:

my.php

RE:Congrats

Dennis

Congrats on that first flight....have you been to the doctor yet with the painful facial muscles.....RV Grin induced...:D

Frank @ 1L8 ...RV7A... Painting

Can somebody make the pictures show up? Still learning.

Dad's on here, so congrats go to him. Yes - it's cool.

For Image Shack---

I use the "Hotlink for Forums (1)". It's right under the large advertisement. I copy and paste to this forum. Then I delete the second URL paragraph. That way, you don't get the "fish test" or what ever add.

L.Adamson

Jeff, email 'em to me. I'll make it work!

dougreeves 'at' vansairforce 'dot' net

b,
d

ps: CONGRATS!!!!!!

Jeff,

Congrats! Its a great feeling to get it into the sky. My grin from 2 weeks ago is still there. Wish the weather would cooperate for me also.

greg

RV9 First Flight - Dennis Rhodes

The Rhodes stable in Taylorsville Georgia got a new edition when Dennis new 9 took to the skies Saturday. Dennis has a great airplane and did a fine job on it.
Dennis, sons Mike & Jeff, and grandbabies.
Rhodes4.jpg

Dennis climbing in for the big event.
Rhodes3.jpg

First takeoff.
Rhodes5.jpg

Rhodes2.jpg

Congratulations Dennis!

And thank you Bill

Bill put on the GREAT looking paint job - including a lot of prep work. We hammered a lot of rivits, but Bill covered up all the dents!

If you need an RV painted in the south east, give Bill a call. He flys an award winning RV-8. Highly recomended!

Congratulations! It must be quite a feeling. (I hope I will experience someday!)

Enjoy the flying.:D

RV9

Dad did a great job on that airplane. Flies as good as it looks! The photos here don't do it justice.....Bill put one of the best looking paint jobs on it I've ever seen. Makes you kinda hate to sling mud up under it from the wet grass runway and smash bugs on the leading edges. For a few seconds anyway....;)

Nice job Dad!

CDE

DITTO.....

Always great to see another -9 join the ranks! Congratulations!

VERY nice looking bird. I'm sure the more you fly it the more you will like it.
I have over 360 hours on mine and I still can't get enough! It's just an amazing airplane.

Congrats on your accomplishment Dennis! It must be quite a feeling!:)

Gerry Peterson
Merritt Island, FL

"Still in the wishing stage....."

Nice bird

Way to go Denis. I'm still at the eppenage stage on my RV-9. You give us all inspiration to keep at it. I see in the second pic of you climbing in that you are starting to get the RV grin as they say. I can tell your holding it back or is it taking over you. Congrats and have fun. See you in the sky one day.
Dave & Darlene

Wheew - not yet

No -10 yet, but a Breezy might not be out of the question.... Gotta have something to keep Dad off the streets!

JDR

Back