What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Page 21-06, step 7

tsnevo

Hello all
I'm referring to the interference in the "oblong hole".
The instructions says to file the #4 (flange) in order to clear interference (I marked the parts in yellow where they meet when attached).
somehow I found that the F-01299 is obstructing the hole and not the other way around.
Question is, what part has to be filed? What is the "interference" I need to clear? pictures would be very appreciated.
Thanks!

Attachments

• צילום מסך 2020-12-17 223358.jpg
    צילום מסך 2020-12-17 223358.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 186
I believe the interference to which they are referring is the possibility there might be rough edges around the relief hole they punched in the rib. I don’t recall having to remove any material during my build. Here’s the only photo I have before assembling the mid section. Not sure it’ll show the detail for which you’re looking.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ssc4ap19fgft7n5/18-10-18 02.JPG?dl=0

Hello all
I'm referring to the interference in the "oblong hole".
The instructions says to file the #4 (flange) in order to clear interference (I marked the parts in yellow where they meet when attached).
somehow I found that the F-01299 is obstructing the hole and not the other way around.
Question is, what part has to be filed? What is the "interference" I need to clear? pictures would be very appreciated.
Thanks!

I don't quite understand what you mean with respect to the parts marked yellow and obstructing the hole. If the exact spots that are marked yellow are interfering and I'm interpreting correctly, you don't have the proper alignment of the parts.

The clearance that you are looking for would be between the seatbelt bracket "above" the bend and the seat rib. Because the assembled bracket protrudes in the same direction as that rib flange, the note is there for the bent section to clear. Mine cleared just fine without any need to file the seat rib.

The yellow dot on the bracket should actually be on the forward/left side of that bracket. That's where it would potentially interfere.

I just went to take pics to better explain, but realized it's not visible because I just finished up with section 21.

I you look ahead to page 11 the drawings give a different perspective of that assembly and you can see where the interference would be and how the bracket fits into the notch.

I don't quite understand what you mean with respect to the parts marked yellow and obstructing the hole. If the exact spots that are marked yellow are interfering and I'm interpreting correctly, you don't have the proper alignment of the parts.

The clearance that you are looking for would be between the seatbelt bracket "above" the bend and the seat rib. Because the assembled bracket protrudes in the same direction as that rib flange, the note is there for the bent section to clear. Mine cleared just fine without any need to file the seat rib.

The yellow dot on the bracket should actually be on the forward/left side of that bracket. In the pic on the right you can even see a bit of the notch. That's where it would potentially interfere.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 3.46.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 3.46.56 PM.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 146
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 3.47.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 3.47.26 PM.png
    46.7 KB · Views: 144
Back