What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV IAC Aerobatic Competition Standings - 2018

ronschreck

Well Known Member
We have a new entry in the Sportsman competition. Charlie Teeuwsen took a first place in a field of four at the contest in Killam, Alberta, Canada this past weekend. (Killam is about 100 miles NE of Calgary.) The other three in class flew a Decathlon, a Yak 55M and a Laser 200. Charlie, who is a National IAC judge also served as one of the chief judges for the contest. Records indicate that he previously competed at the Intermediate and Advanced level but don't indicate what plane he flew. Couldn't be the RV-6??? Congratulations Charlie!

As expected, the competition at the Sportsman level is heating up. Get in on the fun. Check out the IAC competition calendar for a contest near you.

(Note: I decided to only list a "Place in Category" for those who have flown at least two contests this year. This seems to be a fair way to recognize those who are consistent high scorers and encourages continued participation. And since I made up the rules in the first place, there should be no objection if I change the rules. Right?)

IAC Directors Voting

Sorry to interrupt this thread with a slightly off-topic reply.

Ron Schreck, I believe you had a thread noting you are a candidate to be one of the IAC directors, but I didn't find it on a quick search. So am posting here. You have my vote (just cast). You are obviously doing a great job encouraging RV participation. Best of luck.

Back