What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Attention any Andair FS20-20 users

dmattmul

Well Known Member
For my 14 when installing the duplex fuel valve it lined up what I thought was the proper orientation with mounting holes call it 1:30, 4:30, 7:30 and 10:30. RV-14Andair.jpg

For the 10 with an extension (AKS part no: FS20-2, Andair part no: EXK-2) It comes out at the 12:00, 3:00, 6:00 and 9:00 position making the lettering on the valve cover look wrong. (On the 14 the company name on faceplate is at 6 pm and the 10 now at 7:30)

Can you let me know the locations of your mounting holes? Any input what could be incorrect?

Thanks

Attachments

• RV-10 fuel valve (2).png
    RV-10 fuel valve (2).png
    767 KB · Views: 251
Going by memory here, so proceed with caution.

I utilized the extension as well. It came with a new cover/detent plate and knob. Assuming the new HW was the same (I didn't check), I didn't have to modify the method of attachment for the plate. The manifold type xfer valve has no mechanical rotation position restrictions, IIRC.

They do make a universal joint adapter to allow a >90 deg relative reorientation of the valve/plate/knob.

May have one in the hangar. Will look if need be.

Likewise, I use an extension in my -9A. Mounting are at the cardinal locations - 12, 3, 6, 9, and the tank selection detents are diagonal-left/right. I also have a universal joint. But that doesn't matter in this case. A previous center console design I used had the selector mounted horizontally without a universal joint. The mounting orientation of the label ring was the same.

Attachments

• PXL_20220319_210445603.jpg
    PXL_20220319_210445603.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 202
Ext models

What has me wondering is Andair makes 5 different model numbers for the extension kits all selling for the same price on ACS. (FS20-1-5) Andair confirmed I needed the FS20-2 (When I ordered 6 months ago) BUT the parts do not have a part number on them. When I mount the plate and handle without the extension kit the Andair company name is at the bottom (Like the 14) but when I add the extension kit it's turned 45 degrees. I can rotate 90 degrees with the u-joints (I bought 2) but need only 45 degrees.

This answer maybe nobody cares

I think I was able to get to a resolution and maybe not a big deal. The type 2 extension valve that Andair supplies is clocked at the 12, 3, 6 and 9 O'clock position which orientates the fuel valve cover directly toward the pilot flying the left seat. The Andair nameplate is at 7:30. My 14 did not use an extension and the Andair nameplate is at 6 pm and wanted the 10 to be the same. It appears the upper transition adapter (Red) should be the (Blue one). The lower transition adapter are all the same. The type 3 and type 5 use a blue upper adapter and will work. I am not sure why Andair supplies the red adapter and I have tried to contact them asking the question. Pictures I hope explain the issue.

Attachments

• AndairValve45degreesOff.jpg
    AndairValve45degreesOff.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 144
  • AndairUpperValve.png
    AndairUpperValve.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 134
  • AndairValveCorrect.jpg
    AndairValveCorrect.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 151
Back