What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

LEMO plug on headset

olyolson

Well Known Member
Friend
Having a headset refurbished and need the bottom LEMO plug that connects to the corresponding aircraft powered LEMO jack in the airplane. Anyone know where to get the end that's wired onto the headset?

You can buy the LEMO from Bose. It comes as an entire unit, including the mic. Remove two screws on the bottom of the microphone fitting and take it off, which includes the cable to the current headset jacks, then just reinstall the two screws through your new LEMO/mic unit and you're done. Costs around $200 I think. OR.... You can buy the GA twin plug to LEMO adapter from Sportys for 90 bucks. So you will retain the ability to use twin plugs if you need to.

Lemo headset cable - replacement

I just got this done for a Bose and a Lightspeed Zulu headset. They go about it in different ways.
Bose will send you a replacement cable and its a 2 minute job to replace the cable by user. (did it free for me - I called them to fix it under warranty and as part of that repair they sent the cable)
Lightspeed requires you to mail in the headset. ($100 + shipping)

Suresh
N765RV
Ramona, CA

Call Abram at pilot-USA. We use them and they cost about 30$. This is the plug that would normally mount to the headset cord.

Back