What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

A little help with the Garmin stack please

Cfrisella

Well Known Member
I have a Garmin GMA 240, 430 and SL30. My question is, how do I lower the volume of hearing myself when I transmit. Volume controls everywhere else have no affect on it. Thanks in advance

This is called "sidetone", and to adjust it you need to go into the secret menus on the 430 and SL-30.
On the 430, boot it up while holding in the "enter" button to get into the menu. Turn it off and back on for the changes to take effect.
I forget off hand how to get into the SL-30's menu, but it's in the manual.

On the SL-30, press "SYS" and go from there. You access the menus from the right knob. Sidetone level is one selection.

Don

Garmin Tech Support

Before you do any of that call Garmin Tech Support at 866-739-5686. They can walk you through it.

I found the secret screen on the 430. It's factory setting was 31 and I adjusted it down to 10 but the new value didn't stick when I turned if off then back on. There's a "store calibration?" Label but it appears faded like not available. Any thoughts here?

In the com setup page only the following frequences may be used when adjusting sidetone or squelch.

Back