What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Using Cloudahoy?

Cfrisella

Well Known Member
I haven't seen any talk of people using Cloudahoy for speed data. Really easy to use and it's free. How accurate do you think it is?

Looks like your phone has to be 'hot' for this to work. How do they get around the FCC's prohibition of airborne cellphone ops?

edit: Maybe I answered my own question: Does an external GPS (and CloudAhoy) function while the phone is in 'airplane' mode?

Last edited:
I just used it today for the first time. I had it running on my first gen, 3G iPad. I shut everything down but it and Foreflight. Cloudahoy was complaining about memory but was fine after I shut down Foreflight. I guess I'll have to run it on my iPhone.

It worked great except I don't remember landing in a parking lot!

I just used it today for the first time. I had it running on my first gen, 3G iPad. I shut everything down but it and Foreflight. Cloudahoy was complaining about memory but was fine after I shut down Foreflight. I guess I'll have to run it on my iPhone.

It worked great except I don't remember landing in a parking lot!

...or taxying into the FBO office...:)

I tried it with my iPad but only got the route view, not 3D view. I need to do some investigating about that.

used cloudahoy for a short test flight tonight. It appears to work, but keeps locking up the Cloudahoy program and I'm unable to do anything with it. I use Firefox on a PC for viewing.

I use Ipad in the plane and can see the 2D track on it.

any ideas to try?

used cloudahoy for a short test flight tonight. It appears to work, but keeps locking up the Cloudahoy program and I'm unable to do anything with it. I use Firefox on a PC for viewing.

I use Ipad in the plane and can see the 2D track on it.

any ideas to try?

....I use this almost daily but it in intended for the I-Phone. This is very useful when out testing and data logging. Allan....:D

Back