What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pneumatic Squeezer in Canada

Jarrett

My RV-14A empennage kit arrived about two weeks ago and I've been working on it since. I loce using my hand squeezer on #3 rivets as it is extremely easy to squeeze and it give great control. However on #4 rivets it's extremely hard to get a good squeeze so I've decided to with a pneumatic squeezer. I'm curious where everybody up north is getting their pneumatic squeezers from? I'm looking to see what would be the best option considering duty and tax and exchange rate if shipping from the states or if I should buy from somewhere like aircraft spruce (Canada). Thanks!

Have you tried setting squeezer a bit shallow for the first round, than readjust it a bit tighter for a second round to get proper shop head size?

As for a supplier, I use same ones our US friends use.

I found mine on sale at one of the large tool suppliers (ATS, Avery, Brown, Cleveland, I forget which one) in the US. When I bought it, the exchange was closer than it is today. The only taxes were PST/GST (i'm in BC) there was no duty.

Thanks for the input, I'll most likely be ordering from the states. I've tried easing into the rivet using two steps (on the practice project), and it works but it's takes quite a bit of time.

Jarrett ,
If I had it to do over again I would have bought the Cleveland tool ?main squeeze ? it?s an amazing tool that makes squeezing your number 4 Rivet?s a breeze, along with all the others along the way !!

I've taken a look at the main squeeze and it looks sooo nice! Also, the Numatx looks amazing, so I have a tough choice ahead of me! Thanks for the help

Back