What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Crow Seat belt with Kam lock

IflyJAD

I'm New Here
I am ordering the Crow 5 point harness with Kam lock. I note that you need to order both a pilot and co-pilot harness (different part numbers).

Does anyone know what is the difference between these two harnesses?

Does it have anything to do with the location of the Lam lock (attached to left or right side belt)?

Thank you and Regards

Which aircraft?

I am ordering the Crow 5 point harness with Kam lock. I note that you need to order both a pilot and co-pilot harness (different part numbers).

Does anyone know what is the difference between these two harnesses
Which aircraft? They are different for the tandem, that's for sure. Much longer shoulder straps for the rear seat.

You should just give them a quick call. They are very helpful. I've already called them a couple of times with questions.

Both on Right

Both of mine are on the right. I like the passenger?s on the right cuz it fits down in the crevice tween the seat and the sidewall, out of the way when flying solo. Which is most of the time. Take your pick how u want them I guess.

Crow harness

X2 on giving them a call. They are very responsive and very helpful. Tell them what you want and they will make sure you get everything you need!

Thank you everyone for your responses.

I should have mentioned the aircraft is a RV-7A.

Anyhow, I think I will install with the Kam-locks on the inboard side.

Regards Jim

Suggestion.

Both of mine are on the right. I like the passenger?s on the right cuz it fits down in the crevice tween the seat and the sidewall, out of the way when flying solo. Which is most of the time. Take your pick how u want them I guess.

You might try buckling the seat belts & shoulder harnesses together in the passenger seat when flying solo. Keeps them from flopping around in turbulence or if things go to heck and then smacking you.

You might try buckling the seat belts & shoulder harnesses together in the passenger seat when flying solo. Keeps them from flopping around in turbulence or if things go to heck and then smacking you.

Yup. Somewhat apples to oranges, but this is what I do with the harnesses in my car when I'm on-track without a passenger. Granted, they get tossed around a heck of a lot more than would happen in the air, but it still strikes me as the simplest way to keep them tidy.

Back